• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

67 upper console

tarafied1

Will it be worth the headache? I need to pull the headliner back to install. I found a bit on the Cougar in my owners manual. I bought a upper front bracket from Fast Eddie at the 45th show. Just don't know if it will be worth it...
72_20_05_09_8_07_34.jpg

72_20_05_09_8_05_16.jpg

Found this old pic from when my wife was putting in the headliner
72_20_05_09_8_02_00.jpg

Can't find anything on how it attatches in the back, the Cougar console was short, the FB has a bracket for the rear but Fast Eddie and other say there is no rear bracket on the coupe.

Last edited by a moderator:
here is a picture of what it would look like
72_20_05_09_8_16_00.jpg

this is the Cougar upper console, I saw this car last weekend at a cruise in...
72_20_05_09_8_20_11.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My headliner goes under the window seals. It would be a lot of work but it does look sweet.

Instant memory

I had a '67 cougar (in about 1977 I think), and I remember that smaller console(if you call it a console)! I love the Mustang upper console, it's SEXy! You are just running out of things to do aren't you??!! Actually if I had known I was supposed to put the brackets in for the upper console before my headliner, I would have despite the cost! I thought sure I could install the upper console after the headliner!! :cry Oh well, you ask would it be worth the effort? Self satisfaction, something to talk about, unique? However, if I had a choice between the two, I would want the Mustang upper console.
dne'

I have the Mustang upper console already and the bracket. I just really don't want to take the headliner (and windows) out again... but I do think it looks cool!

im lucky i have to replace my headliner and scored a fb console with brackets for 100 bucks so i can do it all at once

"pnandy" said:
im lucky i have to replace my headliner and scored a fb console with brackets for 100 bucks so i can do it all at once

It wont fit in your car, you should probably sell it.... I'd be interested in helping take it off your hands.............. :naug

"tarafied1" said:
but Peeeeeete, it's so much woooooork!
Oh alright.

Fine, just send it to me and I will take time out of my busy day and modify and mount it in my lowly Coupe.....

"Fast68back" said:
It wont fit in your car, you should probably sell it.... I'd be interested in helping take it off your hands.............. :naug

ill send you the floor console the po made for the car :naug
IMG_7453.jpg

Back