• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

68 coupe build

Drumr90

Well this is the build of my 1968 numbers matching coupe. I plan on doing a original looking car in and out with some modern stuff thrown in there. I want to drive this car everyday of yr till snow starts hitting ground. So far in the 4 yrs ive woned the car me and my gramps replaced radiator, carb,intake, and repainted car back to original paint color.

First 2 pics are when we first cleared the crap off it.
ry2u6e3e.jpg

u6uny2yp.jpg

. This is right before paint
utubydyp.jpg

This is after paint.
7ysanuga.jpg

buvenure.jpg

beryhyna.jpg

puvy2udy.jpg

.this pic is of when we took off intake to replace with a 4 barrel.
7umyqyde.jpg

"janschutz" said:
Keep us posted, Love seeing the 67-68 coupes being driven!
That's because yours is broken so often!

Just kidding, John...just kidding.

Wow, you really got a nice start on that, wish I was that far along on my '67. Same idea here, some upgrades but hidden as much as possible to retain that original look while driving the wheels off of it.
Jon

"Jonk67" said:
Wow, you really got a nice start on that, wish I was that far along on my '67. Same idea here, some upgrades but hidden as much as possible to retain that original look while driving the wheels off of it.
Jon

That is exactley my plan for the build. I dont know about far along in build. Paint most its got dont in the 20 yrs its been in the garage. Lol

Well got some parts in. The weathure strip kit for the whole car. Pertonix under cap replacement and coil to match. Last part im waitin for is the cowel panel.

uhyhapu3.jpg

uvu9adum.jpg

Im looking at getting a headliner kit. Now to replace my headliner do i got to take front windshield and rear window out?

For the headliner to last, yes. You can do it without but there is a chance the front or rear will fall.

Mel

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Well im pulling front windshield for cowel panel replacement so if i got to have it out might as well pull rear window also.

there is always the one piece ABS headliner option out there. No need to pull the windows, and gives you two more inches of headroom. Not to mention it is a do it yourself type deal, way easier than a factory headliner.

Look at buying an interior kit if you need to replace carpeting/seats. Just an idea. I got a super interior kit from mustangsplus.

"kb3" said:
there is always the one piece ABS headliner option out there. No need to pull the windows, and gives you two more inches of headroom. Not to mention it is a do it yourself type deal, way easier than a factory headliner.

I want original looking interior and i did look at the abs interior. I didnt like how it looked at all.

"Dave2g" said:
Look at buying an interior kit if you need to replace carpeting/seats. Just an idea. I got a super interior kit from mustangsplus.

Only need to replace headlinner and drivers side top of bucket seat. Other than those parts interior looks like it just rolled off assembly line.

"Drumr90" said:
Mice decided to use the car as a home for last 20 yrs.
Be sure to wear a hat when you tear out that headliner. Got a feeling it will be raining mouse turds!

Back