1. Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

68 Coupe Daily Driver - Keeping it running and trying to impove it

Discussion in 'Member's Build Threads' started by janschutz, Jan 5, 2010.

1. janschutz

janschutz Corn Hauler

The tank was almost empty but the first thing I did was fill it. It still showed empty after 19 gallons were added. Tomorrow, I will take the wire off the sending unit and ground it to see if the gauge moves. I think that should isolate the problem.

2. tarafied1

tarafied1 Well-Known Member

3. Grabber70Mach

Grabber70Mach Well-Known Member

Looks great bet the feeling getting it back felt the same way.

4. kb3

kb3 Well-Known Member

I am glad you were able to save the car! It is looking good.

5. janschutz

janschutz Corn Hauler

Now that it has a 10K paint job, I am almost afraid to drive it.

Monday it gets new tires and an alignment.

6. janschutz

janschutz Corn Hauler

A Happy Garage!
    Phone 067.jpg
    A better picture of the cowl work!
    Phone 066.jpg

7. janschutz

janschutz Corn Hauler

Starting the Mustang to Fear dash pad install. DashPad01.jpg DashPad02.jpg DashPad03.jpg

8. Horseplay

Horseplay Well-Known Member

Nice. I bet you are a very happy man.

Why did you elect to modify the cowl? Personally, I like the aesthetic of the original but I know many talk of doing what you had done.

9. Grabber70Mach

Grabber70Mach Well-Known Member

Nice it looks really good.

10. janschutz

janschutz Corn Hauler

I just like the look for this stang (and I hated waxing around it). I have removed the badges and this was just the next step. Someday the drip rails will be history.

I am a very happy man and my wife is real happy with the work also.

Grabber70Mach likes this.
  11. tarafied1

tarafied1 Well-Known Member

Looks great and a perfect mod to add to all the subtle mods you have already done.

12. janschutz

janschutz Corn Hauler

When I got in the stang this morning. I saw I had a stupid mouse/rat in the car last night. Chewed a hole in the kick panel. I do not need thing giving more things to fix! At least I did not find rat turds in the car.

MouseHole.jpg

13. Horseplay

Horseplay Well-Known Member

Be grateful that's where he did the damage. I had a mouse decide to chew through my new headliner even though there was wide open access to get behind it only a couple inches away. I'd take replacing a kick panel any day over what i went through! Still sucks though. I'd also do my best to make sure he is not still in there.

14. janschutz

janschutz Corn Hauler

Since I cannot cut any more trees down for a while, I went after my tilt column project. After rebuilding the tilt column, it still did not turn good. So I pulled my other 2 columns of my parts shelf and torn them down to compare parts. Turns out the upper shaft was buggered (do not know h9ow I missed that). Replaced the shaft and almost got it together before I called it a night. Hopefully I can finish tonight. Tilt019.jpg Tilt020.jpg Tilt021.jpg Tilt022.jpg Tilt023.jpg

Grabber70Mach likes this.