• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

69-70 parts I.D.

DougG69

Does anyone know the proper name for the parts circled in this pic?

whatchamacallits.jpg

I need to round some up, along with the rail piece along the top edge of the back seat. Thought it might be easier if I knew what to ask for :)

"DougG69" said:
Does anyone know the proper name for the parts circled in this pic?

whatchamacallits.jpg

I need to round some up, along with the rail piece along the top edge of the back seat. Thought it might be easier if I knew what to ask for :)
Why ?? those look all most new ??

J/K I don't know what they are called. :nta

Non-fold down trim corners? haha. It took me a minute to figure out why that fold down seat looked wrong... because it's the non-fold down style. I have had all 3 of those pieces in the past, but they went with the 70 project I sold long ago. They are all just trim pieces... and kind of hard to find, IIRC.

Very hard to find. I looked for probably a month to find all the parts I needed for the package tray area (and I needed everything from the tray to the trim). Best bet would be to post up in the classifieds section with that picture of what you need. I have no idea what they're called either unfortunately.

Ouch! Definitely not cheap. The parts I used to have actually belong to a friend now and he has the package tray as well. I'm not sure if he's willing to part with them though. I'm pretty sure he plans to use them when he builds his 70 dream car.

Thanks for the help guys. The parts on eBay are a little salty, but if I look around & can't find any cheaper, they'll start to look like a bargain :)

Hmm, well that sucks. Bet he is wondering why he hasn't been getting any calls on those parts! I search both ebay and craigslist twice a day so if I come across another pair I'll be sure to let you know.

Gentlemen, appreciate the help. I have the 2 trim pieces accounted for, and I just need to finalize a deal on the metal piece.

Many thanks :)

Back