• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

69 Convex Mirror Glass

95GT

I have been looking for a convex mirror glass for my 69 sport mirrors with no luck. So today I called a company named Burco. They stated anything can be made. But the big kicker is the price. They are talking $100 to have the glass made in convex. The reason is all the R & D work that goes into making it. So now I have to figure out if it is worth the price to have it done. They did tell me if I had a run of 25 or more made they would be cheaper. If I knew I could sell them and make out I would think about it. What do you think? Is this something that would sell or would I get stuck with them? Give me your opinion.

"95GT" said:
What do you think? Is this something that would sell or would I get stuck with them? Give me your opinion.

Having done something like this a couple times, I'll tell you that its cheaper to just go ahead and pay the man $100 for one convex mirror than to be stuck with a box of 21 of them (one broke and 2 other guys bought one) at $50 each, or over $1000 worth sitting in a corner gathering dust.

Seriously, don't bother working the deal. If you want the mirror, get it. But just get the one.

"sigtauenus" said:
Having done something like this a couple times, I'll tell you that its cheaper to just go ahead and pay the man $100 for one convex mirror than to be stuck with a box of 21 of them (one broke and 2 other guys bought one) at $50 each, or over $1000 worth sitting in a corner gathering dust.

Seriously, don't bother working the deal. If you want the mirror, get it. But just get the one.

That's pretty sound advice right there.

"Sluggo" said:
That's pretty sound advice right there.

That is kind of what I was thinking. I know $100 seems like alot but I guess if it would prevent me from getting in just one wreck it would be worth it. Maybe I will seach a few more places to see what I can find.

Back