• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

'69 Gauge Cluster Mock Up

johnpro

Ok, all my gauges are here, and I've mocked up the new gauge cluster. The oil pressure and volt meter will both go into the front of the console, once my Branda gauge pod arrives.

Here's a pic of what it looks like tonight:

170_17_02_10_9_13_15.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
John,
Those gauges are looking great. Too bad you don't.

*edited after reading John's reply to my new post

70_Fastback

Hell Bent for Speed
What are you going to do for high-beam indication and turn sign indicators?

And sorry, I keep forgetting to edit that old post to get my cluster conversion pics to show up.

daveSanborn

John,

I realize that it breaks traditional mounting, but did you consider swapping the fuel and oil pressure gauges? I'd rather have the oil pressure gauge staring me in the face than the fuel gauge. Getting more gas is easier than gettting a new engine.

66gt350

"70_Fastback" said:

And sorry, I keep forgetting to edit that old post to get my cluster conversion pics to show up.

when I redid the gauges in my 66, I went with LED for turn and high beams:
speedo1.jpg

It's changed a little since this pic, but you can see the LED's. Just make sure that you don't use a real bright one for the high beams. I need to put in a bigger resistor in line....it's blinding me when I have the high beams on. :lol

Last edited by a moderator:

johnpro

"70_Fastback" said:

I'll probably go with LED's like 66gt350 said. Won't know, though, if I can't ever see a picture of your bezel.

:dh

SAC69

Donator
"daveSanborn" said:
John,

I realize that it breaks traditional mounting, but did you consider swapping the fuel and oil pressure gauges? I'd rather have the oil pressure gauge staring me in the face than the fuel gauge.

I was thinking oil pressure was more important than the engine temp and would swap those if he wanted the gas still in the cluster. I'll be crossing this bridge soon and was likely going to stick the fuel gauge into the center console pod.

johnpro

"daveSanborn" said:
John,

I realize that it breaks traditional mounting, but did you consider swapping the fuel and oil pressure gauges? I'd rather have the oil pressure gauge staring me in the face than the fuel gauge. Getting more gas is easier than gettting a new engine.

I'd never thought much about it before, but you have some good points. I'll mount the fuel gauge in the console when I get the other bezel.