• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

'69 headrests in a '68

Thanks guys, now at least I know they are around, TMI have finally responded (only took them six days) so I'll see what they can come up with, failing that I guess I'll alter the brackets I have based on the info and photos I've got now. If so, hopefully it comes out alright.

Once again many thanks,

This looks like the right thread to ask these two questions.

1) Can anyone offer any "course knowledge" about removing and reinstalling my 69 seat backs (back of the bucket seats) so I don't screw up either the back or the seat upholstery and are the clips that hold them on the seats the same clips that hold the door panels to the door? I gotta tool for that around here somewhere and a ton of the clips.

2) One of my headrests doesn't have the detent action that the other one does. The driver's side clicks up and down. The passenger side just slides and will come completely out if pulled. It's OK though, since it can also be slipped right back in, but it doesn't work properly. Is the large black bracket in the Mert's top picture the detent? Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Back