• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

70 Mach 1..

Dangit.. I was sipping my coffee and about to swallow and well.. it went down the wrong hole which lead to coughing and a wet keyboard. :rant You have to warn people first!!

I have to agree with the comments about Mach's being much more expensive to restore than 65-68 cars. I've done 2 68's and a 66 before doing my 70. To date, I've spent more on my 70 than the cost of the car and restoration on the 66 and one of the 68's plus the cost of the car on the other 68. Everything from dash pads to door panels and instrument cluster bezels are almost double the cost of what you'd pay for 65-68 parts. Plus if you're missing any little parts, you'll have a hard time finding them and they're expensive. My Mach was missing the package tray metal and all the surrounding fiberglass trim pieces. It took me 3 months to track the parts down at a reasonable price, and even then it cost me some pretty major money.

All that being said, I would still go take a look at it. But just keep in mind that for what you'll have into the Mach, you could turn Gert into an amazing car with money left over for another project or gas, haha.

"Kats66Pny" said:
And just where/what kind of fool would I find that would let me drive their Mach. LOL

If you come up to Cal you could drive mine, But as the saying goes....A$$...Gas... or Grass... Nobody Rides for Free..... :roll

And just where/what kind of fool would I find that would let me drive their Mach. LOL

If you come up to Cal you could drive mine, But as the saying goes....A$$...Gas... or Grass... Nobody Rides for Free..... :roll

Kat: I'll let you drive Mach1Rider's Mach for free.

Back