1. Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

78 Duece

Discussion in 'Mustang II' started by Antlerfiend, May 2, 2014.

1. Antlerfiend

Antlerfiend Member

Here is a pic of my 78 V6 4 Speed Duece.
    [​IMG]

2. tarafied1

tarafied1 Well-Known Member

cool :thum

3. Larry G

Larry G Member

Nice looking!! I really like the "72"

4. Antlerfiend

Antlerfiend Member

Thanks, I will post some more pics later. I lookeed long and hard for a Mustang II in decent shape for a decent price. I was gonna make this one my drag car but am enjoying driving it like it is. It really gathers alot of attention. So many people think that it is a Pinto.I am gonna try and get my whole stable together for some pics. Right now I am working on my 68 Fastback getting ready for the Nostalgia Drags next week.

5. tarafied1

I like Mustang 2's.
    The drags are next week already?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. RagTop

RagTop Old Grumpy

When I worked for Ford Aerospace in Palo Alto, CA I was eligible for the executive lease car perk (after seven years in the engine room) and my second lease car was a '78 Mustang II fastback. It was the 2.8L V6 with a 4 speed. I didn't order the 5.0L V8 because you couldn't get one with a 4 speed in CA back then. I ordered the car fully loaded including T-tops, little slot mags and RWL tires. The car was black with a "Crown Victoria" type bar across the top (I think that was part of the T-roof package) and a bright red interior. It got lots of eyeball when I was driving it around town. Lots of people wanted to talk about it in parking lots.

7. 3175375

3175375 Well-Known Member

Is the V-6 the same motor in the Capri's (made in Germany)?

8. RagTop

RagTop Old Grumpy

I think it was. My prior year lease car was a '77 Capri Snow Cat with the V6 and a 4 speed. That was a pretty sweet little car too.

9. tarafied1

yes it is. In fact it evolved into the 4.0 overhead cam in my wife's 07. Probably not much left to interchange but they all came from the same origin

10. 3175375

3175375 Well-Known Member

Friend of mine had a 74 Capri n that car was fun