• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

800,000 Mile Mustang

I can't get past the obnoxious reporter. stfu and let the lady talk.

Very possible but I feel there should be more info than her word......any maintenance records? Also, what major items have been done to it? Did you catch the spare behind the passenger seat....wonder if the back on the passenger seat is broke.....

"AzPete" said:
Very possible but I feel there should be more info than her word......any maintenance records? Also, what major items have been done to it? Did you catch the spare behind the passenger seat....wonder if the back on the passenger seat is broke.....

I noticed the spare.

I am also thinking no way a motor and / or tranny made it anywhere near 800k without someone rebuilding it at some point.

I knew a guy years ago that changed the oil in his work van religiously every couple of thousand miles and got about 300k miles out of it before the motor finally died on him.

I have personally driven two E350 5.4 Ford 15 passenger vans many miles (employee transport). One went just under 400,000 (a 99) I believe and the other just over 700,000 (an 03). These were both with the original, stock drive train and never rebuilt. Both were sold and still on the road. I know it can be done.....I just wonder why they didn't seek more documentation from her. Still cool.

"AzPete" said:
I have personally driven two E350 5.4 Ford 15 passenger vans many miles (employee transport). One went just under 400,000 (a 99) I believe and the other just over 700,000 (an 03). These were both with the original, stock drive train and never rebuilt. Both were sold and still on the road. I know it can be done.....I just wonder why they didn't seek more documentation from her. Still cool.

I can see a late 80'd to current cars going 800,000 without a rebuild, but not a 68. Maybe 225,000 on a 68 but not much more without a rebuild.

800.000 mls with her driving style , I believe it.With or without an engine rebuilt, but that didn't they reported.That wasn't the theme in this report.
And most important to me , 42 years of ownership . Bravo !

Here in Belgium its nearly impossible to have a car for 20 years ( except if you have a merc ) as a daily driver.
Not to mention having it for 42 year !! It even rottens in a barn overhere !!!!

"B67FSTB" said:
Here in Belgium its nearly impossible to have a car for 20 years ( except if you have a merc ) as a daily driver.

Not to mention having it for 42 year !! It even rottens in a barn overhere !!!!

Why?

Back