• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

85 302 roller long block

janschutz

Corn Hauler
85 302 roller long block - $50 - come and get it!
Eng1.jpg

Eng2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
damn man....whats wrong with it? seriously..this would be awesome for my build but i am not home from over here till dec

Yes, it needs a rebuild. I just do not have the room to keep it around so the $50 is a give away price.

I wouldnt mind getting it from you, but like I said I am still deployed and no means of getting it. was it still running before it starting getting torn down. compression good in all the cylinders

shame you didn't have it ready to yank when I was down to get the 67, I could have brought it back for fordrule with me.

I was getting a puff of blue smoke at startup. It was in my daily driver until I put in the 351 about 2 years ago. I put about 50K miles on this motor.

so it might need pistons and rings? If I get it i would want to know what to buy while I am out here, if you know what I mean.

Sounds to me like you should do a complete rebuild on it. Partial will only lead to later issues. Also, in order to get the correct parts, the engine must be taken apart, mic it, and then buy the parts as needed. Might need bored which would mean new pistons.

Yes, it is. My thing is if you are rebuilding a car, why start with a used or partially rebuilt engine. I understand if money is tight. I am just saying to think it over as to which route you want to go. A good compression check of the engine might help you decide too.

thanks pete I agree with you...but right now I only have one vehicle right now and a mustang sitting in the garage...so thats a thought that I am rollin in the head

sorry jan, i am still overseas and need to wait to talk to the wife before I jump back into the world of mustangs with both feet in. trust me I want to buy it and rebuild the motor and put fire back in the stallion. sorry if this wasnt the quick sale you are hoping for

Thats ok. Looks like I going to have to spend my car $ on the wife's minivan :po So my next project is taking a back seat. It will most likely still be here in Jan. if someone else does not want it before then.

I guess I need to finish a few project I have already started and have the parts for them. They are just not as fun as a new motor (for my other stang).

Sorry jan but I am asking a lot of questions. I am wanting to jump at this but I need more information on the engine. Is it just the longblock? what is all coming with the engine. as you know I am doing a I6 to V8 swap in my 65. I am trying to formulate a 100% gameplan and budget for this build and then get it approved by house-hold 6(wifey). thank you

Long block, intake, oil pan, timing cover and water pump. What transmission you have or going to use. I have the fly wheel and block off plate for a C4 and can throw in.

I might have some alternator brackets. If I find them, I toss them in also. As I go thru boxes, if there is something you need, you can have it. I will keep you informed.

I really do appreciate it jon. Currently I have a C4 behind my 200. I am planning on staying auto for the ease of the install for now. Like I said I have nothing for the v8 swap at the moment

found my other valve covers in the attic, so the ones on my a-code are yours. Also found an upper alt bracket. I will keep looking for other V8 parts when I have the time.

sweetness man...I might also end up getting that carb from you also. that you dont use. did it have a valve cover leak? is that a older style WP....for the rad lines and rad to buy. I am assuming you were running stock ignition with vacum and a mechanical fuel pump also.

do you have a paypal? we just got to figure out how I am going to get this thing from you.

Back