• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

9 inch Third member

dbfire

If you want a NEW four pinion, nodular carrier, billet clutch cover ,28 or 31 spline Trac-Loc add 100.00$ to your winning bid. If you want a 28 or 31 spline NEW True -Trac add 250.00$ to your winning bid

The extra $100 is for a nodular case with billet clutch cover, which you don't necessarily need.

The extra $250 is for a True-Trac instead of a Traction-lok. You almost certainly don't need that.

Looks like the guy has a great reputation, and that price is pretty damn good, espeically considering it includes the housing. I'd go with the first one, even though he keeps calling it a Posi (Chevy term), which always annoys the crap out of me.

I think he means $100.00 for each option
A)new 4 pinion
B)nodular carrier
C)billet cover
D)new traction lock
I know nothing about rear differentials. Is there a performance difference between a rebuilt or new traction lock .

"dbfire" said:
I think he means $100.00 for each option
A)new 4 pinion
B)nodular carrier
C)billet cover
D)new traction lock
I know nothing about rear differentials. Is there a performance difference between a rebuilt or new traction lock .

OK, in re-reading it, I think you're right. I'd go with a normal case, but definitely with Traction-lok. Axle splines (28 vs. 31) and 4 pinion vs. 2 pinion options would be dependent on HP, torque, and intended use of the vehicle.

I have a 4-pinion, normal cased, 31 spline traction-lok in Scary. I take it to the track occasionally, though.

There would be no performance difference between a rebuilt or new traction-lok, unless of course it wasn't rebuilt correctly.

Mine, though is a

Back