• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

A bit of a teaser..(pics added)..

AzPete

Well, my wife shocked me yesterday.....we were thinking of getting another newer Mustang of the 08-09 style. Looked at about 8 used ones yesterday. Man, what crap for having less than 20,000 miles on these cars. All have dings, dents, and scratches. I know many look at them as just a car but for being so new....even if it was a Yugo....wow. We got back into town and she decides she wants to look at new ones again. Well, we were just looking, talking, for a future purchase. Well, that went out the window when the wife say one certain car....goodbye Focus.....and I was caught in the tornado of here desires...... There was a deal on a leftover 2010 GT but that was not good for her. Oh well, now I am, forced to drive it.........and yes....pics will be here soon....lol Gotta go for a drive.

Re: A bit of a teaser....

"AzPete" said:
Well, that went out the window when the wife say one certain car....goodbye Focus.....and I was caught in the tornado of here desires...... There was a deal on a leftover 2010 GT but that was not good for her. Oh well, now I am, forced to drive it.........and yes....pics will be here soon....lol Gotta go for a drive.

Good husband. :thu

"AzPete" said:
There was a deal on a leftover 2010 GT but that was not good for her.

So did you get a 2010 for a deal? Or you saying that wasn't good enough and got a 2011?? Either way we need pictures of this beast..

Explain to Linda that the money could be much better spent on a trip to Australia, land of Wattles beer.

If she loved you, she'd say let's use the money that way.

Hahahahahaha.....I could use a trip for Wattles for sure........dang Aussies.

Nice carbon fiber patterned dash panels....(GPS wire is temp)
unload020.jpg

It is a Mustang for sure....
unload021.jpg

No fog lights in the grill....
unload018-1.jpg

We did grab some nice GT wheels....
unload022-1.jpg

And more carbon fiber patterned panels here....
unload029.jpg

And here.....
unload030.jpg

Plus a sweet power house...
unload028.jpg

And it is attached to a six speed thing that demands use...
unload027.jpg

And looks like this from the back...
unload024-1.jpg

and the front...
unload032-1.jpg

And the full view...
unload026.jpg

unload025.jpg

2011 Mustang GT/California Special 5.0, Coupe, manual, w/comfort package.

It will follow the RV on a trailer......managed to run around for about 150 miles today just playing.....it is sweet.

Now, the down side is the following...looks like I will be getting out of the classic car thing completely. That is why we got this car......dropping to one car and it might as well be a fun one.

Due to other complications with my back, the Drs, I have conferred with very recently say the choice is surgery....results not better than I am now....or worse....or put up with things as they are now until it is real bad. Currently I can do maybe an hour of tinkering....and suffer a week or more...about two days of doing nothing. The pain has recently become vary strong on the left lower back as well as the past problems of the right lower back.

With my wife's multiple complications, I cannot let myself get to the point I cannot help her when needed.

Absolutely beautiful GT/CS Pete! It looks amazing in Ingot Silver too. Sucks about your back, but it sounds like you've made the right decision. Maybe the seat heaters will help, lol. Nice ride...and trust me, you're gonna love it!

Great Looking car Congrats!!!! You are going to love it. I hope all goes well with your back.

That was like foreplay. Little bit of teasing and leading up to the grand finale. :part That is a sweet looking ride for sure.

I'm so sorry to hear about your back, and having to give up the classics, but it's understandable. You do what you need to do and take care of yourself and the Mrs.

Boy howdy, mustangs sure have changed alot! That is one fine Mustang!! Congratulations :thu!
I guess it's pretty quick??

"Dne'" said:
I guess it's pretty quick??

Aaaaaa......yep......once I get the clutch work smoothed out...... I think with the traction control off, I can hit third gear before the car actually moves forward more than a couple feet......but tons of smoke....lol

"lethal289" said:
So why not a convertible?

On the '07 we went thru three tops in 36,000 miles. Each was a different issue but we are kind of burnt out on them. Plus, way back in the back of my mind sits a thought that my Dad died at 84 from skin cancer.....even though he had it all his life and I do not, the thought is there.

Pete the new 5.0 is so fast the sun wont have time to burn you :hap But I like your hard top CS. I thought about the glass top but you can't get the Stripe package on the car with the glass roof & I wanted stripes more than a glass roof.

Darn thing is fast for sure. Just was reading about the ship shift......thought I was loosing it when I could not find second gear on a couple of shifts. Didn't realize Ford did that....thought it was only a GM thing.

As for the glass top and stripes...here ya go... If Mr. Shelby can make it work....
shelby-gt500kr-glass-roof.jpg

images

From the article...
"Did you know that the first Shelby GT500KR Mustang to come off the line featured an all glass roof. It's true, you can see a very cool picture of the Shelby GT500KR up top with the glass roof. And if you look closely, the GT500KR even has racing stripes over the vehicle. And if you look even closer, Shelby continued the stripes right over the glass, where they etched the racing stripes right onto the glass roof. I've never seen anything like that before, mega cool man!"

I hate the skip shift, but fortunately it rarely happens. When it does, I go to third instead of fourth. Otherwise, the transmission is great and super smooth. Not real happy where it's made, but you can't win them all.

Man Pete, you can go thru some cars can't you ? It must be like Norm walking into Cheers when you down to the DMV.
Oh yea, Nice ride. :thu

Back