• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

A couple recent meals

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
Monday's meal:
Caramelized Onion Tart

This with a bottle of wine is all one needs. Daughter is not a huge fan of olives so I move them over to our (my) side.

4_20_07_10_6_17_13_0.JPG

Last night's dish:
Planked wild Salmon with Caper butter sauce. Side is simple skewered vegies covered with olive oil, salt & pepper
The Caper butter sauce is applied after the fish is done. Personally I did not care for the sauce. Having applied olive oil, fresh ground pepper, cround coriander, sea salt & fresh chives to the fish before cooking was plenty of flavor.

4_20_07_10_6_17_13_1.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Caramelized Onion Tart Recipe

* 2 large onions, thinly sliced (6 cups)
* 2 Tbs. olive oil
* 1 tsp. dried thyme, crushed
* 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
* 2tsp. balsamic vinegar
* 1 16-oz. pkg. ready-to-bake pizza dough, such as Trader Joe’s
* 1 cup grated part-skim mozzarella cheese
* 1/2 cup grated aged provolone cheese
* 20 niçoise or 10 kalamata olives, pitted and halved (2 Tbs.)

Directions
1. Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add onions, and sprinkle with salt, if desired. Sauté 5 to 7 minutes, or until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low, and stir in thyme and black pepper. Cook 15 minutes more, or until onions are browned and caramelized, stirring often. Stir in vinegar, and cook 5 minutes more. Remove from heat.

2. Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat 12-inch pizza pan or rectangular baking sheet with cooking spray. Press dough into 10-inch circle on pizza pan or baking sheet. Sprinkle 1/2 cup mozzarella and 1/4 cup provolone over dough. Spread onions over top, then sprinkle with remaining cheese and olives. Bake 20 minutes, or until crust is golden.

Back