1. Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

A German surprise.

Discussion in 'General Mustang Discussion' started by RagTop, Jun 1, 2017.

1. msell66

msell66 Road Worthy

That's the difference between BMW vs Porsche owners. The Bimmer guys will check out the other fast cars and those Porsche snobs just turn their noses and walk away. Seen it many times at the track

2. KBMWRS

KBMWRS What did the moron say today?

You were at the TRACK right?:rolleyes:

3. 3175375

3175375 Well-Known Member

4. KBMWRS

I have yet to 'hang around' with the Vette crowd. No interest. On the Vette forum though it boggles the mind how much 'Corvette' crap they can paste on their cars. I even posted they looked like the clone Shelby Cobra guys who slap 'Shelby' or a snake on every flat surface. The response I got was okay...the basic statement "it your car. Do what you want with it". That's fine by me.

Oh and my image on that forum is of my '67 Mustang.:D

tarafied1, RapidRabbit and msell66 like this.
  5. tarafied1

tarafied1 Well-Known Member

living near the Corvette plant and museum, there are always lots Vette people every weekend. Some are cool. Others, well, not my crowd.

6. rbohm

rbohm Active Member

typical of all car enthusiasts.

Smitten likes this.
  7. RagTop

RagTop Old Grumpy

I know what you mean. Every time I go out to the garage there's this Corvette hanging around. I actually joined a Corvette club for one year and decided not to renew. It cost $100/year and here in Sacramento the entire club was made up of geriatric patients. They had a parking area for walkers outside the meeting room.(jk) I joined a local Mustang club as well and it cost me all of $25. I like the Mustang folks better than the Corvette crowd. When I was regularly showing my '69 427 coupe my observation was that there were an amazing number of Corvette crowd wives who should have never been wearing short shorts, but it's probably tough to be a trophy wife that's gone over ripe.

tarafied1 likes this.
  8. RagTop

RagTop Old Grumpy

So you were trolling the Corvette forum? Or do you secretly own one?

9. msell66

msell66 Road Worthy

Sadly, he has one.

10. RagTop

RagTop Old Grumpy

So, Mike, what year and model Corvette do you have? Mine is an '09 basic 1LT. How long have you had it? I knew there was something I liked about you.

11. msell66

msell66 Road Worthy

[​IMG]

12. RagTop

RagTop Old Grumpy

Looks like we had similar cars at one point. See the picture of my previous Corvette below. Mine was an L36/M21 coupe. I owned it for about seven years and sold it in 2011, long after my dedication to stone washed jeans and mullets.

Attached Files:

13. Horseplay

Horseplay Well-Known Member

I don't know what's worse. The mullet or that natural beehive that poor guy has on the top

msell66 likes this.
  14. KBMWRS

Sad but most Corvette owners STILL look like that....not me...no hair.

Ken I have a 2016 Z51....bought it 11Aug15....Had it almost 2 years now.

I just smoked the Grand Staircase (Hwy12) in Utah. Man that Vette is fun and holds the road.

15. tarafied1

tarafied1 Well-Known Member

my Vette... I had a very short time
    3_corvette.jpg
    Vette2.jpg

16. Mach1Mark

Mach1Mark Ramrod extraordinaire Donator

Are we really talking about corvettes on a MUSTANG forum !! MAN !! you guys can highjack ANY thread !!

tarafied1 and msell66 like this.
  17. Horseplay

Horseplay Well-Known Member

At least Craig dumped his quickly.

I will admit I do have an urge to own a 'Vette but there are justifiable grounds for that interest. While very young I stumbled across an old series rerun of the TV show, Route 66. Wanted a 4 eyed 'Vette ever since. I may be wrong but I don't consider the mid-sixties and earlier versions to be in the same category (midlife crisis toys...no offense meant) as all the others. Before I croak my automotive bucket list includes an early fifties Ford P/U, a 55-57 T-Bird and that 4-eyed "Vette. No particular order other than likely one of the Fords first since I have a complete brand new SBF drivetrain waiting for a home.:p

tarafied1 likes this.
  18. msell66

msell66 Road Worthy

Just one??

RapidRabbit likes this.
  19. RapidRabbit

RapidRabbit Well-Known Member

Well since we derailed anyway.

He is my dream Vette. My dad's 61, the original RapidRabbit.

I would love to build a drag car tribute.

[​IMG]

tarafied1 and msell66 like this.
  20. Patrick Stapler

Patrick Stapler Active Member

^...not necessarily a 'Vette guy, but that's pretty cool.

msell66 likes this.