• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

A German surprise.

I went to an open track event with my 65 Mustang and after the first session, two BMW drivers came over to me and asked what I had done to my car. One of them said "You were all over my ass in the corners"
It made my day

That's the difference between BMW vs Porsche owners. The Bimmer guys will check out the other fast cars and those Porsche snobs just turn their noses and walk away. Seen it many times at the track

Mike might be able to speak of the "Corvette" crowd...

I have yet to 'hang around' with the Vette crowd. No interest. On the Vette forum though it boggles the mind how much 'Corvette' crap they can paste on their cars. I even posted they looked like the clone Shelby Cobra guys who slap 'Shelby' or a snake on every flat surface. The response I got was okay...the basic statement "it your car. Do what you want with it". That's fine by me.

Oh and my image on that forum is of my '67 Mustang.:D

living near the Corvette plant and museum, there are always lots Vette people every weekend. Some are cool. Others, well, not my crowd.

living near the Corvette plant and museum, there are always lots Vette people every weekend. Some are cool. Others, well, not my crowd.
I know what you mean. Every time I go out to the garage there's this Corvette hanging around. I actually joined a Corvette club for one year and decided not to renew. It cost $100/year and here in Sacramento the entire club was made up of geriatric patients. They had a parking area for walkers outside the meeting room.(jk) I joined a local Mustang club as well and it cost me all of $25. I like the Mustang folks better than the Corvette crowd. When I was regularly showing my '69 427 coupe my observation was that there were an amazing number of Corvette crowd wives who should have never been wearing short shorts, but it's probably tough to be a trophy wife that's gone over ripe.

I have yet to 'hang around' with the Vette crowd. No interest. On the Vette forum though it boggles the mind how much 'Corvette' crap they can paste on their cars. I even posted they looked like the clone Shelby Cobra guys who slap 'Shelby' or a snake on every flat surface. The response I got was okay...the basic statement "it your car. Do what you want with it". That's fine by me.

Oh and my image on that forum is of my '67 Mustang.:D
So you were trolling the Corvette forum? Or do you secretly own one?

So, Mike, what year and model Corvette do you have? Mine is an '09 basic 1LT. How long have you had it? I knew there was something I liked about you.

Looks like we had similar cars at one point. See the picture of my previous Corvette below. Mine was an L36/M21 coupe. I owned it for about seven years and sold it in 2011, long after my dedication to stone washed jeans and mullets.

Attachments

• 100_2305.JPG
    100_2305.JPG
    214.5 KB · Views: 20
Sad but most Corvette owners STILL look like that....not me...no hair.

Ken I have a 2016 Z51....bought it 11Aug15....Had it almost 2 years now.

I just smoked the Grand Staircase (Hwy12) in Utah. Man that Vette is fun and holds the road.

At least Craig dumped his quickly.

I will admit I do have an urge to own a 'Vette but there are justifiable grounds for that interest. While very young I stumbled across an old series rerun of the TV show, Route 66. Wanted a 4 eyed 'Vette ever since. I may be wrong but I don't consider the mid-sixties and earlier versions to be in the same category (midlife crisis toys...no offense meant) as all the others. Before I croak my automotive bucket list includes an early fifties Ford P/U, a 55-57 T-Bird and that 4-eyed "Vette. No particular order other than likely one of the Fords first since I have a complete brand new SBF drivetrain waiting for a home.:p

Well since we derailed anyway.

He is my dream Vette. My dad's 61, the original RapidRabbit.

I would love to build a drag car tribute.

0167ae3187818d0077e7f95121f857c4.jpg

Back