1. Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

a MUST read!!

Discussion in 'Politics, Guns, and a can of Whoop Ass!' started by SELLERSRODSHOP, Jan 2, 2013.

1. SELLERSRODSHOP

SELLERSRODSHOP Active Member

2. LastDeadLast

LastDeadLast Member

Its interesting to see what other countries think of our "gun culture". I do a bit of traveling in Europe.. mostly in Sweden and Brussels. Most of the people I speak to think Americans are crazy for even wanting to own one gun much less multiple firearms. This is over an above the normal kind of crazy that they tend to characterize Americans with. Only occasionally do I run into someone who isn't totally repulsed by the idea.

Once they find out that I own several firearms, I get a lot of questions.. genuine curiosity. But they still think we're crazy.

-Shannon

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ugh...............the Swiss are required to possess a military issued firearm (machine gun type assault weapon) for a certain period of time after receiving basic military training as well as the issued ammunition. These are FULL automatic MACHINE GUNS. The crime rate there is deemed to be near zero due to this citizen militia being armed. This will make the liberals heads explode! I also think they "can" keep their weapon(s) after the required ownership period has ended. According to published numbers there are about a half a million (500,000) "Select Fire" or Full Automatic Assault rifles in private homes.

4. B67FSTB

B67FSTB The NorCal dude from Belgium

So Shannon , once in awhile you are in my neighborhood ???
    I will warn the imigration control so they can check you out regarding carrying fire arms. :roll :roll

BTW when are you back in Brussels ?? Give me a call then.

5. Gigantopithecus

Gigantopithecus Well-Known Member

No need to worry about that. I'm sure TSA will give him a full cavity search before letting him on the plane.

6. Dne'

Dne' Well-Known Member

Wow, that article is so true! My husband and I recently got into "guns" and I'm having a marvelous time going to the gun range and just looking at my new gun, it's an awesome thing! I'm amazed how many people are purchasing guns and ammo! Carter country was bomarded by customers, I felt so sorry for the employees there during Christmas! The gun shows were so packed we didn't even go to them! Maybe it will tone down a bit over the next several weeks? Even the gun range, where most people play with their "toys" have a 45 minute waiting line, except for the new expensive Athena gun club nearby. At least there we can get a lane with little or no wait, but pay!. ; ) I'm not complaining, I'm enjoying meeting new people with the same interest! I'm not sure about getting the chl now~ I don't want to be pegged by big brother! or does it matter?

7. Jack1966

Jack1966 Active Member

What a load of feculent . . . . (words fail me.) This guy needs to read the entire constitution--there's actually quite a bit more there besides the 2d amendment. If he wants to try it, I'll gladly volunteer to put his sorry confederate a$$ down again (oops, did I actually type that .)
    :bomb

8. LastDeadLast

LastDeadLast Member

:)

I got "flagged" the last time I went to Canada. The first time ever. Nothing big happened, but it wasn't fun waiting for 45 minutes to be processed. Once I got to speak to someone I was in and out in 5 minutes.

Not fun.

-Shannon

9. LastDeadLast

LastDeadLast Member

Assuming I don't get the "white" glove treatment going through customs, I might be there the week of Jan 21. The official word still hasn't come down though.

-Shannon

10. Gigantopithecus

Re: Re: a MUST read!!

I damn near got strip searched at the Memphis airport. Why? I was carrying a large case full of tools to work on the kitchen printers at one on the restaurants behind security.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Those TSA people just can't be right.......

12. SELLERSRODSHOP

you know, i always respect your opinions, even when i dont agree with you but i have to take a stand on this one (2nd amendment). first, i would REALLY like to know where you stand on this. in one breath, you say you support the second amendment the way it is written & continually say "i didnt say anything about a ban", but in the next breath, you seem to say that we need to do something about hi-cap mags & semi autos, blame the gun & gun owners instead of placing blame where it belongs, on the CRIMINAL & the FEDS for not enforcing the laws already on the books. stop being a "post turtle" & let us honestly know where you stand on this!

i think you are a smart, educated man, but really find it hard to believe that you have your head so far up your ass to think that the govt can be trusted to make decisions for you & that ALL of our other rights arent hinged on the 2nd amendment! some of the biggest liars & criminals in this country do it legally, in washington. they are power hungry, two faced lowlifes that dont do a damn thing for the people of this country other than take, take, take & buy votes with what they steal. if the things they pass are so damn great, why do they always exempt themselves?? do you honestly believe that they will stand up & do the right thing all of the sudden? our founding fathers were right to be untrusting of a large govt, called for citizens to question the govt & put the 2nd amendment in place to keep the govt in check.

this isnt meant to be a personal attack, but matter of fact. the time is coming soon for people to make hard decisions & choose which side they are going to stand on. every one of us will have to, except for the ones who are weak spined, as they will sit back on the sidelines & just take whatever comes.
    as for me, i will choose freedom, defend MY constitution. once we let the 2nd fall, or be watered down into nothing, THE REST WILL FALL.

13. Horseplay

Horseplay I Don't Care. Do you?

How absolutely, perfectly revealing a comment on so many levels.

14. Gigantopithecus

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/former-nyc-m ... -registry/

RULE 5: “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.” There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions.
    RULE 8: “Keep the pressure on. Never let up.” Keep trying new things to keep the opposition off balance. As the opposition masters one approach, hit them from the flank with something new.
    RULE 12: “Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.” Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hell I'd say let's split it right down the middle (as I have before), liberals on the West coast and the rest of us on the East. To govern them they get obama, pelosi, reid, boxer, frankstein, and that little fucker that looks like a rat, after all, they are the brightest of the bunch. Hell, we'll even dig up Ted Kennedy and send his ass out there. While we're at it, we'll find a way to detach Massachusetts and float it around South America, it will be part of San Francisco. It can be called Sanmassfrachranusettciscos and they can smoke pot and be queer all they want. And since California is soooo damn big, it can be divided into two separate states, the Southern part will be New Californis and the Northern "obamaland". Oh shit, I was about to forget about Texas. After a little enema work to remove the liberal infestation, we keep Texas, and in return we'll send them New York, Columbus, Cincinnati, Chicago, Philadelphia and oh yeah, WASHINGTON D.C. and all those little self important politicians, and I mean all of them. All we want in return is Silicone Valley and the Beach Boys. Guns, now that's something that's as easy as the high school prom queen. Since they are pretty well hated on the West coast, send them to us. In return we will send you all the Justin Beaver CD's and Richard Simmons exercise videos. Jo Biden, now there's one creepy old man. Not only does he often forget what the fuck he's doing, he has the gall to plug his head with new hair and pretend he's 28 again. He'll have no problem fitting in with the those West coast loons. Maybe after some medical Marajuana, he'll regain his senses and concentrate on if Nancy Pelosi really has a dick. The Mexican border. Well that's just what it is. There will be signs warning all that try to cross death will be their last experience on this earth. It will be written in Arabic as well as several other languages for all those to read. There will be a kill zone of one mile established that will be well mined and guarded by drone towers equipped with 7.62 miniguns connected to seismic sensors, if it moves, it gets the shit blasted out of it. Also, troops will be stationed with no greater response time than three minutes. If, for some reason, there's an illegal that makes it over "no mans land" in less than three minutes, hell, they've earned them a spot on the Olympic team. That should be enough to get US started, or I should say that and the Constitution, that document that some of US still cherish.

16. Jack1966

Jack1966 Active Member

The 2d amendment says we have the right to bear arms, period. However, as with any of our constitutional rights, there are limits. Guns are unique in that they are designed to kill and as such, deserve special consideration as evidenced that we've had gun control laws for 200 years now. The south had the most restrictive gun laws against Blacks which remained after emancipation and citizenship. I think common sense and balance is needed. The gun lobby pushing legislation to carry guns into bars or college students to carry on campus is beyond the pale for me (but that's me.) I think churches, hospitals, businesses, and homeowners should have the right to restrict guns on their premises. It's about balancing freedom against freedom. We have a democratic process, a legislative process, and a judicial system to determine legality and constitutional issues. That's the way our system of government works. It's not perfect, but it's pretty darn good. So what's all the hysteria about?

17. Jack1966

Jack1966 Active Member

I freely admit my bias and that I go batsh!t crazy when I see that Southern nationalist propaganda and when it is portrayed as somehow patriotic. And the guy had the nerve to mention the crosses in Arlington National Cemetery, when his kind put many of them in those graves--sick, sick, sick.

18. SELLERSRODSHOP

i agree, but... (you knew that was coming) people should have the right to restrict guns on their premises if they want to, just as i, as a gun owner/carrier, have the right to not go to those places because of it & i don't. our local mall is a "gun free zone" & i haven't set foot in there for years. that should be the "balance of freedom" & it should end there. i have a problem with those people when they don't stop at making the rules for their businesses/residences etc & try to force their beliefs down my throat & legislate what i can do with & on my property, business etc.
    i think we all here agree we like old mustangs. how would you feel if someone deemed them dangerous & outlawed the restoration of any new projects? you can keep the one you already have, as long as you pay a new tax on it, it can never be legally sold & it must be turned in to the govt for destruction when you die. would you feel bad if they said your pretty red 2+2 was deemed safe as it looks stock but sluggo's twisted/boss/mach would fall under the new restrictions because it looks a little more aggressive with the blackout panels or was too dangerous with the stroker motor? that's exactly what gun owners will face if this new legislation passes as written....

its not hysteria, its severe mistrust & vigilance. the system, if not broken, has become severely warped. we have a written guide (constitution) as to how its supposed to work, but the executive & legislative branch continually try to circumvent the process & throw integrity into the toilet along the way. executive orders are written if congress doesn't act according to wishes & any decent legislation is held hostage until everyone's personal agenda crap is tacked on. i don't trust the judicial branch to do a fair job in determining the constitutionality of legislation as most if not all of the higher court judges also rule by agenda. it should be simple but they continually bend their interpretation to suit their personal convictions & not the rule of law. common sense & balance? i'm all for it, but don't see it coming out of washington at all anymore. take healthcare for example. there are plenty of decent laws/regulations that could have been passed to help fix the problems, but instead we get this giant monstrosity, with all the pork barrel stuff added in. pelosi's statement summed it up best. " we don't know whats in it, we'll have to pass it first, then read it". our elected officials, sent there to represent us & be our voice, will sell us out in a heartbeat for the smallest personal gain. they don't represent us at all anymore. sorry, but i don't call that responsible govt at all....

19. RustyRed

RustyRed Active Member

Better start banning hammers and clubs also then Jack....

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government ... ith-Rifles