• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

A welcome home that I will never forget

Kooter

Before I deployed on the 15th MEU in Sept. I shipped my car off to a friend of mine to get painted. He did the bodywork and shipped it back in Feb. I was supposed to be gone until late May but had to be sent home for medical reasons. As soon as I got home the kids had to take me out into the garage to show me the car. Boy was I surprised. My friend not only painted the car but polished or replaced every shiny bit on it. He even replaced the back floor pans that were a little rusty. He won't take more money so I have to find another way to pay him back. Now all I have left to do is finish the interior and enjoy driving the car.

Car looks awesome! You've got a good friend there.

Also, Thanks for your Service :thu

Wow...that's great.

I like how he painted the left side red and the right side white. :roll

You know I'm joking....and I bet he expects no repayment. You deserve it. :thu

Take him to dinner or pay for a weekend away somewhere. He's a good friend but I think he realizes you have paid your dues in other military ways and he wanted to say thanks.

That is really awesome of your friend.
Congrats
And I too thank you for your service.

That is totally awesome! Any chance that we will see your Vert at Knott's this year? If not the Vert how about your happy smiling face. :bowdown

fd

Kooter true friends are hard to come by and it looks like you just have found one that you did not know you had one. That's awesome. Car looks amazing and its only going to get better.I also served in my younger years and we thank you for your service and your sacrifice of your freedom to insure our freedoms.R U the driver of that double bladed work horse....HooRah!

Thanks for all the kind words. I enjoy working on the old birds but with more rank the less I get to turn wrenches. I don't fly them just fix them. I did crew them during two of my Iraq dployments. It was some of my most memorable and rewarding times but it was to hard on the back and to stressful for the wife. As far as the car goes I am hoping to finish the interior while I am recovering from this surgery.

Back