• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

about $1500 in damage to my E-coupe

The adjuster came today. He said he will call the body shop tomorrow and let me know early next week what they agree on for the damage.

Gee, I hope they get you up and running soon! Did you feel the damage being done when going over the terrain? Reminds me of when I'm going over speed bumps in my '57 chevy and hearing,feeling the exhaust go' scurrruccnnnnhhhh', but it's old crappy exhaust, but I can't imagine having a car any lowered than people are running these days~ it looks neat, but inevitable damage is going to occur. YOu got the check and that's wonderful! One thing, no matter how bad it is, it can be repaired! Thank goodness! Anyway, a great time for "other" ideas like you mentioned!
dne'

well I did know exactly when it happened. I was afraid to look!
Now after seeing your work, I'm bringing the car to your house!

I stopped by the bodyshop today, they said I could bring the car in first of December. I have stripped the chrome off the original rear bumper so they are going to paint that at the same time. They agreed to modify the upper nose also. He said he thought he could modify the nose just as easy as starting over fitting a new piece but Rich might have something I can use. So they will fix the damage, make the changes and paint everything for around $3000.00 and said it would be two weeks (yeah right). I'm going to get some new front springs too and raise the front a little. That will slow down the progress on the drag car a bit but still plenty of labor to do on it. I might be a bit cranky though going without my Stang for so long!

this the nose I might get from Rich, he said it was not shaped right on the lower half for his design but I might be able to use the upper...
DSC06696.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I ask how much the insurance company agreed to cover in damages?

the original quote/estimate just to repair the damage was about $1500, the insurance adjuster that came out and looked at the car spoke with the bodyshop and agreed to pay the full amount including if they found hidden damage. The additional work (modifying the upper nose, prep and paint of rear bumper and including some other minor repairs like door dings and some chips) will be out of pocket but I figured this will be the best time to make the changes I have been thinking about. I had a fluorescent light in the garage over the car. The plastic cover fell on the car a while back and chipped some paint on the hood and cowl and the car got a door dinged and just typical road rash from driving it.

Back