• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

ABS suggestion

Grimmy

On the subject of the exciter rings for ABS my 97 F150 has what looks to be the perfect spindles to mate everything together. If there is anything you want me to measure up or look at let me know.

Your asking about using '97 F150 spindles on an early model Mustang so you have ABS? Never heard it done before, but you could be onto something if you could get it to work. May also be a very reasonably priced disk swap. What year early Mustang are we talking about?

OK I started that all wrong. It's a reply to Zforces ABS quandry, he's looking for rear steer spindles and exciter rings and this might be the ticket. Now for me! I've been lurkin' for a while and just now decided to get vocal. Own a 69 Mach 1, first car I bought ever, back in 84. Its been hibernating since 88 and I've recently started the revival. Needs torque boxes and such and I'm picking away at it currently. The forums are great motivators. Somewhere in the eworld I found a build log that someone that is/was using one of those 110 hand spot welders and built new longer tongs for it. Anyway I lost that log haven't been able to find it for months now, (bookmarks prove better than memory) Does anyone know the log to which I refer? Thanks for all the insight.
Grimmy

Grimmy,

Welcome to StangFix! We are a laid back group, and trust me ANY discussion around these cars is more than welcome. I see the pictures you have posted in the gallery. Looks like a great job you're doing, and even better, getting the next generation involved!!

Please stick around!

However, the ABS thread you were responding to is on another forum, in the Mod and Custom forum on VMF. ZForce, as of yet, does not post here.

But as I said, all info is welcome here!!

Thanks!

Steve

Back