• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Adware - Spyware removal

I use both Adaware and Superantispyware. They do a decent job of cleaning things up. If you load them on a thumb drive and run them with the computer in safe mode you can really clean the spyware out.

I've been using Iobit's Advanced System Care for years on a number of computers as a good general "tune up" program which also weeds out a lot of spyware and such. They also have "Malware Fighter" which is more focused on spyware and viruses. I have used it and it's pretty good for a freebie. I don't use it now because I prefer Avast for bug killing and protection. It's generally not a good idea to run two anti-malware programs at once.
If I think I have real problems and want to run something to just clean everything out, it's hard to beat Malwarebytes.
All free to use but they require you to register by email so they can bug you once in a while about upgrading to their paid versions. I find that pretty easy to live with.

I run malwarebytes for deep cleaning, Windows defender for real time, and ad block plus add on for chrome to block malicious ads.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

If I think I have real problems and want to run something to just clean everything out, it's hard to beat Malwarebytes.
All free to use but they require you to register by email so they can bug you once in a while about upgrading to their paid versions. I find that pretty easy to live with.
Isn't that an oxymoron? They bug you with ads so you can remove ads from your computer...Smart...very smart.

Busy, but a hell of a lot better than my previous job. On graveyard shift till the end of the year, so that kinda sucks. We're about to expand, a few people are being promoted and fresh meat hired, so it looks like I'll be training a few folks. Good news is that I'll probably be promoted to a Sr. Security analyst next year.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Back