• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

After having to take a break, I'm going back deep into the thick of things

Had to take some time off, health issues with my parents and the in-laws, thankfully that's over. Also we had a large addition built for our house that took better than two years including planning, permit acquisition and construction. Imagine having to construct a detention basin to capture the rainwater from your roof in order to get a permit? Even with four plus acres.....gotta love NJ.

Anyway, I've added some many electrical accessories over the years the underside of the dashboard was well, a mess. The MassFlo EFI and all of it's parts, power windows, power locks, remote trunk release, the 6 gauge instrument cluster, GearVendor overdrive, the AAW headlight relay kit, and a stereo. Many many wires crisscrossing, a true disaster. The AAW classic harness offers all I need and allows me to integrate the aftermarket items neatly into it.

The claim made by MassFlo that the system was self tuning is true to a point, it adjusts some, but the exhaust at idle makes one's eyes water and fuel consumption was pretty high. After trying all suggestions made by then with no improvement I have decided to move on. I did a lot of research and settled on the Holley HP EFI system. I can retain the current MssFlo EFI manifold and injectors, just install the Holley throttle body, ECU, harness and associated sensors.

I've been frustrated sometimes when parking the beast, manual steering, fat tires and I added the Shelby quick steer parts which add further effort when parking. The EPAS kits and home grown units are very interesting, sure would be nice to be able to steer into a parking spot easily while retaining the road feel the car has at higher speeds. Given the expense of the harness and Holley kit, I'm not sure I will do this at the same time, but I will leave provisions in the harness for it in the future.

I've already removed the MassFlo harness or most of it anyway from the car. Nearly all of the underdash wiring is disconnected and ready to be removed. I need to pull the console, and the required interior panels to access the remainder of the harness and prepare to run the new one. I will take photos along the way, should be an interesting and challanging project for me.

Sounds good, glad to hear your back in the swing of things. Hope everything is alright with the family.

From infinity and beyond

Thanks, family on both sides are doing better, it was quite a load on my wife and I for some time.

Feels good to do the research and inquire about new products that have become available. I've pulled the underhood wire harness and nearly all of the under dash harness already. I have the AAW harness and the Holley kit already, lots of new tools (specific crimpers) and what looks like a mile of wire sleeve.

Back