• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Alternative Rotisserie

Havok1

So while working through the metal work on the Mustang, I came to the realization that a rotisserie would be very helpful. However I don't have the skills to weld one up and I hated to ask my Dad who is doing my welding to do more work. I was searching the net to try and find one locally cheap and came across the idea of making one from wood. I already had the necessary word and just had to buy the hardware. After getting it all together, its quite sturdy and made working underneath the car much easier. If anyone else is interested, I'll share what I found. (Be warned, it came from a Chebbie forum :wth ) Here are some pics.

2012-12-22164604_zpsfdf8a7bd.jpg

2012-12-22163435_zpse8c715b6.jpg

2012-12-22163407_zpsdee2e70b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"Dne'" said:
Wow, that's neat! What does the body of a Mustang weigh?

Don't know exactly how much but five of us picked one up and put it on a trailer

"jims6t6" said:
Don't know exactly how much but five of us picked one up and put it on a trailer

Yeah, I don't know the exact weight, but 3 of us were able to lift one end at a time to get it on a trailer. We used an engine hoist to get it on the rotisserie (one end at a time).

Pretty cool. The chebby guys use wood as any metal bolted to their cars begins to rust immediately :hide
Jon

"Havok1" said:
.... If anyone else is interested, I'll share what I found. .....
I'm cheap (and easy)... I am interested in what you have to offer. I like that idea. I could use it on my 65 project

Here is a link to the original page:

http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=178058

Now obviously this was designed for a camaro and I had to tweak the bolt on points. I also substituted some 2x4s for the mounting instead of 4x4s. You'll see the difference in his pictures and mine. I also did not use all the hardware he did. I'm at work right now, but I'll try to come up with a modified parts list based on what my Dad and I came up with.

Brian

That's a pretty cool deal. Also nice progress on the coupe Brian!

We won't ask what you were doing surfing a Cramaro website! :confu :wtf

"Ponyman66" said:
That's a pretty cool deal. Also nice progress on the coupe Brian!

We won't ask what you were doing surfing a Cramaro website! :confu :wtf

Thanks John. It does feel good to turn the corner on this project. And I can't help where Google sends me.

"Dennis Harrelson" said:

While I didn't see that particular one, I did see another tip-over jig like it. I like the idea of the car being a little higher off the ground when turned, but another good cheaper option. Here a similar one I saw.

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44539&highlight=Rotisserie

Back