• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Alum driveshaft

I think I'll spend some time with the Mustang this weekend and install the alum driveshaft from Inland Empire Driveline (I think I ordered it from Mustangs Plus). It has been sitting in the garage for months.

IMG_0117.JPG Got the nose in.

Had to use baling wire to hold the back end up while I did it.

Went to attach the back end and the u-joint on the driveshaft is about 1/4" too wide.

I may try to extract the one off the old driveshaft but not today. Need to take some measurements. I'm thinking of just calling Inland Empire Driveline to get their recommendation.

Series: 1310 BC (Ford) Width: 3.219, Cap Dia.: 2 @ 1.062 (shaft) 2 @ 1.125 (pinion)
Series: 1330 BC (Ford) Width: 3.622, Cap Dia.: 2 @ 1.062 (shaft) 2 @ 1.125 (pinion)

Series: 1310 BC (Ford) Width: 3.219, Cap Dia.: 2 @ 1.062 (shaft) 2 @ 1.125 (pinion)
Series: 1330 BC (Ford) Width: 3.622, Cap Dia.: 2 @ 1.062 (shaft) 2 @ 1.125 (pinion)
I will attempt to take measurements tomorrow or on Monday. Fortunately there is an NPD store about 20 minutes from me

did some measurements today.

I will likely bring both driveshafts to Coast Driveline in Ventura and have them correct this. The u-joint in the Alum driveshaft is pressed in and it will ensure it comes out right.

It is now installed. Contacted Inland Empire Driveline n got the correct u-joint part # (5-134X). Neighbor took me to Driveline shop in Ventura n the swapped out the parts in 15 min.

$40.00 I got it home and went right in. Done

Back