• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

AM/8-Track

Mach1 Driver

Believe it or not there is a place in Prescott Az (Barry's 8 Track Repair) that will repair your old radio. He will add FM and Blue tooth and you can even listen to about 10,000 songs from a memory stick. And yes the AM & 8 track will also work. He can pump-up the output so its comparable to current day systems for multiple speakers. The outside of the unit remains the same, so it looks just like it did when new.
My problem is that I have a broken push button and he doesn't supply those. Short of buying a matching radio to get the buttons, I don't seem to have any options. Any suggestions?
I would buy an old non-working AM/8 Track if it is the variety like the 69 with the AM dial between the buttons and the 8 track.

I have some additional information:
The Motorola part number is 38-41329B01, which is used on the following AM/8-Track players:
T8MM - 1968 Mercury
T8MZ/T8MZW = 1968 Mustang/Cougar
T9MZ - 1969 Mustang
1MZ4004 - 1970 Mustang
1CR4005 - 1970 Cougar

Attachments

• AM 8 Track.jpg
    AM 8 Track.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 18
Pretty damn close only an expert would know...and maybe you can swap out the needed part(s) into yours

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1972-1973-F...7-AM-8-Track-Stereo-Radio-72-73-/122474203348
Thanks, I saw that one. Its not on the list but it is similar- the bezel has the top corners knocked off on mine and has two large power transistors mounted in front. The tape door isn't as scratched as mine- my dearly departed wife loved music and used it a lot. I've asked them what the knob centers are. It may work out.

Last edited:
UPDATE - A google search today turned up the fragile push buttons referenced in the OP are now reproduced in aluminum by Barry's 8 Track Repair in Arizona. Note, he DOES NOT sell them separately, rather they are available as part of a rebuild or conversion of your existing AM/8 track factory radio.

UPDATE - A google search today turned up the fragile push buttons referenced in the OP are now reproduced in aluminum by Barry's 8 Track Repair in Arizona. Note, he DOES NOT sell them separately, rather they are available as part of a rebuild or conversion of your existing AM/8 track factory radio.
Barry did my conversion. The work he did to my radio was ok. He has a policy that if you want it quick you can pay to go to the head of the line- I think its an extra couple of hundred. I didn't elect to do that and he had my radio for 13 months.
I've seen videos by other Aurora installers and some will polish the dial and pushbuttons and make sure everything works. Barry doesn't do that. Like I said it was ok, but not spectacular.

Barry did my conversion. The work he did to my radio was ok. He has a policy that if you want it quick you can pay to go to the head of the line- I think its an extra couple of hundred. I didn't elect to do that and he had my radio for 13 months.
I've seen videos by other Aurora installers and some will polish the dial and pushbuttons and make sure everything works. Barry doesn't do that. Like I said it was ok, but not spectacular.

He's had mine over a year now...

Allen

Back