• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

America's favorite national pastime: HATING SOCCER

Soccer! Blah! "You get a red card" hah, hockey is far and away a better game! I still don't like it. Basketball sucks too.

Top fuel drag racing, football and figure 8 racing is what's happening.

Baseball is OK in person.

Soccer is just a no go! My girls played it for a year... They ended up in softball.

Mel

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Never played the game, or watch. But if it gets some fat kids off the sofa, then I have no problem with it. The point is kids need to get outside and play, and be supported by the parents.

fd

"FordDude" said:
Never played the game, or watch. But if it gets some fat kids off the sofa, then I have no problem with it. The point is kids need to get outside and play, and be supported by the parents.

fd

THAT, I can agree with!

"FordDude" said:

fd

:wstu

Soccer is not my thing but to each his own...I find it boring but I don't really understand it because I've never really played it minus one season way back in elementary school.

Then again, some people say baseball is boring but what they are really telling me is they've never played baseball and don't understand the game within the game, don't understand how important playing small ball can be, etc, etc.

All sports bore the hell out of me, and I've played plenty. Which is why on on Sunday, you'll find me either target shooting off my back deck, or my nose in a book.

I think soccer is a great way to keep the non-Americans occupied.

I'm more of a dare devil sport type. Racing, hockey, football, dwarf tossing and curling.

"opentrackerSteve" said:
I think soccer is a great way to keep the non-Americans occupied.

I'm more of a dare devil sport type. Racing, hockey, football, dwarf tossing and curling.
Is that anything like spooning :dun

Holy crap, I can't believe I forgot about Curling. Got to be one of the most intensive sports out there.*

*Other than watching paint dry or grass grow.

I find that most if not all sports, including racing, is less enjoyable to watch on TV. Or watching in general. If you play the sport you have an appreciation for it. Being there is just better. Hard to explain. Well, like golf, I'd rather have my toenails ripped out with pliers then watch golf on TV. I suck at golf but I sure love driving the golf cart... Hockey has a Zamboni, baseball, a lawn mower, etc. well you get the idea.
I must admit the antics of "professional" sports figures turn me off of sports. They are mostly dumb jocks with no idea how the real world works and "we" lift them to hero status so it goes to their heads. All because they can play with their balls.

You guys are a bunch of snibbling babies! Try the man of men sport......Lawn Bowling :thum

Lawn+bowling+1.jpg

lawnbowling_group08.jpg

Anyway !!!! I don't exspect to find here dudes that love soccer.

This is an automotive forum but.....we gonna beat the states on tuesday!!

USA versus BELGIUM

We gonna kick some american a$$e$ :thum :thum

"B67FSTB" said:
Anyway !!!! I don't exspect to find here dudes that love soccer.

This is an automotive forum but.....we gonna beat the states on tuesday!!

USA versus BELGIUM

We gonna kick some american a$$e$ :thum :thum

I see that you have already started to drink beer. :beer The hallucinations have already started.

I tried watching soccer, I think if they made the field much much smaller it would be more entertaining. They have way too much room to run around. Also if they could run into each other that would be good. And if they... well never mind, that would be football. :rr
Anyway, good luck Bruno, I doubt many American's care who wins but they will route for the USA out of pride!

My favorite sport, as seen in the 60's on ABC's Wide World of Sports was the automotive demolition derby. It's a dying sport, but still popular in the West Virginia area, or so I've heard. I haven't seen a race in a good 30 years...*sigh*.

My next favorite sport is making fun of Mark, but it is waaaaay too easy.

Back