• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

America's favorite national pastime: HATING SOCCER

"tarafied1" said:
I find that most if not all sports, including racing, is less enjoyable to watch on TV. Or watching in general. If you play the sport you have an appreciation for it. Being there is just better. Hard to explain. Well, like golf, I'd rather have my toenails ripped out with pliers then watch golf on TV. I suck at golf but I sure love driving the golf cart... Hockey has a Zamboni, baseball, a lawn mower, etc. well you get the idea.
I must admit the antics of "professional" sports figures turn me off of sports. They are mostly dumb jocks with no idea how the real world works and "we" lift them to hero status so it goes to their heads. All because they can play with their balls.

To me the whole point of sports on TV is entertainment. Were you entertained watching it? Did you not want to miss a moment and stayed during the commercial? What I find annoying is the sports reporters that stick the microphone in the "jocks" face and ask why did you win today? Or what are you going to in the second half? Do not get me started on those sports "heroes" who think it is all about them. It is just a GAME and they are there to entertain.

Now if you want to compare a sport to soccer try water polo. 6 field players and a goalie, they pass the ball around and try to shoot it in the goal. The goalie tries to keep it out of the goal. After watching 7 seasons of water polo I am entertained by it, more so if my daughter is playing. Never played the game, but I know the work that my daughter puts into it.

fd

I just found out there is a local spelling bee being televised on public access next week...the same time as the big soccer game. I'm torn between which to watch. Why are the most exciting things on TV always on at the same time?! :hide

I would rather get a root canal than watch soccer.

And who do they think they are calling it football?

I did enjoy watching Canada and USA play hockey in Vancouver during the Olympics. I was in a Canadian burger/ bar and we were cheering for USA while the rest of the place was cheering for Canada.

That was fun. Soccer? Sigh, is a waste of time to watch. I have taken many teams and in person when you know the players I can almost tolerate it. Even then it is very boring

Mel!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I just wanted to let you guys know that Brazil and Chile play in the knockout round in a few minutes. I know it will be hard to contain all of your excitement but do your best. :)

Darreld
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You just missed the cheerleaders. How does Jeremy Clarkston look?

Darreld

"68EFIvert" said:
I just wanted to let you guys know that Brazil and Chile play in the knockout round in a few minutes. I know it will be hard to contain all of your excitement but do your best. :)

Darreld

Watching the game right now.

I had more fun painting the kitchen this morning.

Mark

Sent from my semi-smart phone

"msell66" said:
I had more fun painting the kitchen this morning.

Mark

Sent from my semi-smart phone

Correction !! Deb had fun you painting the kitchen !!

Some enjoy the game...great they should have fun. I use FF on the DVR and watch the goals. Same could be said about any sport.

TEAM U.S.A. R.E.S.P.E.C.T. to the team !!!!

What a beautiful game with alot of respect to each other.

One if not the only game how soccer has to be played.

Again , respect for the team and for sure a promising team for the next world soccer championship.

:bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow

I had to watch the final 30 minutes on my iphone. The ending wasn't what I hoped but it was a great game.

Darreld

Team USA lost. Yippee. We can now be returned to our regular programming.

Back