• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

An Interesting Trip this weekend

Midlife

Staff member
Donator
No...not that kind of a trip, Craig! No illegal drugs!

I had to attend the MCA Board of Directors Annual Installation Meeting, Dinner, and Orientation, spread over 3 days (Fri-Sun), with Saturday being free for us to go to Barrett-Jackson. Orientation started on Friday at 1PM, but there was no way for me to fly in on time, so I had to fly on Thursday. This was the windy day when after 1:15 landing, they shut down the airport at 3PM until midnight, so I just got in under the wire. This was the day that Russo-Steele had all the damage.

Upon arrival at the hotel, I get an e-mail from wifey saying that she was called by our bank, inquiring about a strange transaction on our credit card. I called the bank, and a ~$260 charge was made to a French IT company that day at 8:30AM. Since I was on a plane and wifey was still asleep, it wasn't us who made the charge. Yup...the credit card had to be canceled. Now then, I had just used it for the rental car and the hotel. My only other credit card (fortunately just obtained 3 weeks ago for the harness business) was available, but it has a very low credit limit (done deliberately). While I was talking to the bank, some woman was entering my hotel room, and claimed this was her room and not mine. Excuse me?

So...lots of calls being made to establish credit, straighten things out, etc. Used my new Garmin to go to get food, and promptly took the wrong turn. A 5 mile detour later, I finally was on track again.

Friday went OK, but with two MCA Internet Committee Chairs (I was the predecessor), we decided to spend all Saturday going over how to access the website administration and all of the issues. So...the three of us missed Barrett-Jackson.

Sunday was the meeting, and I had to prepare minutes (I'm the National Secretary) and do a lot of grunt work after the meeting. I got done around 9PM, but couldn't fall asleep at all! Caught a flight at 7AM, and just arrived back at the house around 4PM. I turn on the cell phone, and a voice message was waiting. My boss at work was frantically trying to get ahold of me, as someone inadvertently sent a classified e-mail to my work account, and the machine and all other e-mail accounts have been quareenteened for at least 2 weeks! This affects well over 200 folks who work on our program. Since we can't start our work computers, what else can we do?

Out of all of this snafu's, we might have to take two weeks off...

I'm now waiting for the new credit cards to show up.

Things like that always happen when I travel. I got my card canceled a couple years ago when I was in Israel due to fraudulent charges. I was also lucky to be on a prepaid trip and I had my work CC. I called my office and they said put what I had to on the corporate CC and we would settle up when I got back.

I bet your glad to be back home.

Take care Midlife!

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Sorry, just couldn't resist. Sounds like you had such fun......and we want the truth about the woman in the motel room......

"AzPete" said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Sorry, just couldn't resist. Sounds like you had such fun......and we want the truth about the woman in the motel room......

There's the video in the VGOFL...titled NFL football lady!

"Midlife" said:
There's the video in the VGOFL...titled NFL football lady!

So that was your "friend" on the bed at the start of the video.......?

someone inadvertently sent a classified e-mail to my work account

This is super-bad ju-ju. Since this was likely done by a government worker, have they reprimanded him by promoting him into a different position yet?

"Midlife" said:
While I was talking to the bank, some woman was entering my hotel room, and claimed this was her room and not mine. Excuse me?

Well, if you don't appreciate the gift, that will be the LAST time I have a complimentary hooker sent to YOUR room... :po

Sounds like a black sheep crossed your path. Did you?????? Nah you wouldn't have? Would you? :scar

And, before anyone conjectures, Midlife and I were in completely different hotels!

"Laurie S." said:
And, before anyone conjectures, Midlife and I were in completely different hotels!

So thinking you were REALLY lost when this happened would be close to the truth????? How did you mistake the hotel name?

"Laurie S." said:

Umm
ok_clinton.jpg
:craz fd

"daveSanborn" said:
This is super-bad ju-ju. Since this was likely done by a government worker, have they reprimanded him by promoting him into a different position yet?

He's our sponsor...they're arguing it wasn't classified, but tell that to the NMCI Gestapo!

And as for the woman, she wasn't even close to being a Cougar...

Back