• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

And so it begins.

Sluggo

I made the mistake of pulling the front end to find out why the right front tire was rubbing. Found the core support swayed a bit. Then while I'm at at it dealt it's blow. The good news is I only found two tiny little rust holes in the front door so far :naug
1_12_02_09_5_55_28_5.jpg

1_12_02_09_5_55_28_3.jpg

1_12_02_09_5_55_28_6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So how did pulling the front end reveal holes in the door? I take it it was the other side that you just re-skinned?

"Midlife" said:
So how did pulling the front end reveal holes in the door? I take it it was the other side that you just re-skinned?

That was the Boss I was skinnin. Different project, Pay attention :bash

Pulling the front end did not reveal holes in the door. Pulling the front end led to pulling the doors to patch the little holes and then while i'm at it led to the quarters and now it's gonna get completely done and painted.

I was just gonna line up the front better so I could drive it.

You're right....I'm sorry. All them fastbasketcases look alike. Humble apologies.

Aggravating to find holes, eh? No doubt you'll fix 'em up right and move on. And at least you found your body alignment problems. Mid has a 1/2" offset somewhere in the front frame, but without a frame alignment setup, I was unable to see why. I could still fasten all the panels together and let the suspension handle the slight offset.

Soooooooo, what color is this one gonna be? Ya got the Boss goin Calypso, the clone goin Black and the Mach goin?????????????? Inquirin minds wanna know

Black Jade with gold mach stripes and blacked out hood. Just like it left San Jose May 13, 1969.
Only the body will be straighter, the paint will be shinier, and the gaps will be exquisite.

"Sluggo" said:
Black Jade with gold mach stripes and blacked out hood. Just like it left San Jose May 13, 1969.
Only the body will be straighter, the paint will be shinier, and the gaps will be exquisite.

Damn, that is going to look good. Black Jade kicks ass!

"70_Fastback" said:
So I get to remain the solo, Orange, stangfix car :pep

Yep. My jambs all have original paint, So I can just scuff 'em up and shoot 'em with some fresh paint.
And I dont have to paint inside the trunk.

"Sluggo" said:
Yep. My jambs all have original paint, So I can just scuff 'em up and shoot 'em with some fresh paint.
And I dont have to paint inside the trunk.

Dont be lazy...do it how you REALLY want it.

No.

I polished up a spot on the cowl and am going to use the camera system to match that color then mix it in house.

Back