• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Annoying Gas Smell

Have you inspected your fuel lines and connections in the engine compartment closely? A small leak anywhere can cause the smell. With a non-EFI system, a mechanical fuel pump can easily leak around a crimp flange on the body of the pump as well as the two connectors. While not applicable to your situation, it's an example of what you should look for. A mechanic with a good hydrocarbon sniffer can help out tremendously in finding a small fuel leak.

Have you inspected your fuel lines and connections in the engine compartment closely? A small leak anywhere can cause the smell. With a non-EFI system, a mechanical fuel pump can easily leak around a crimp flange on the body of the pump as well as the two connectors. While not applicable to your situation, it's an example of what you should look for. A mechanic with a good hydrocarbon sniffer can help out tremendously in finding a small fuel leak.
Yes did that all. I have all new braided fuel lines installed.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

When I ran all new braided fuel lines for my EFI conversion, they wept vapor from day one.
Swapped to teflon lined hose ..... no more fumes.

Back