• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Another computer problem...question

A

Anonymous

A few days ago, my laptop wigged out on me and now if I try to drag, shrink or make larger an open folder, program etc...it shows a number 1 and goes to full screen. I can use the restore up or down button fine.

Any ideas on how to fix this.

Just another reason why it's time for a new computer!

AzPete

Is it a number one or is it flipping you off.....

Try doing the normal reset...power off, battery out, restart.....

A

Anonymous

"AzPete" said:
Is it a number one or is it flipping you off.....

Try doing the normal reset...power off, battery out, restart.....

It's both Pete!! It's like it has a need to identify itself and then go full screen.

Tried it, no fix.

Gigantopithecus

If it's showing a big number 1 in the middle of the screen, it's identifying the number of the monitor. You using a second monitor?
As for the full screen issue, is it the same full screen as when you hit the F11 key?

A

Anonymous

"Gigantopithecus" said:
If it's showing a big number 1 in the middle of the screen, it's identifying the number of the monitor. You using a second monitor?

Yes, have had a "real" monitor for a long time. It just started doing this though.

As for the full screen issue, is it the same full screen as when you hit the F11 key?

No, not quite the same. The f11 key expands beyond the monitor edges and dragging makes it fill the monitor. I have the laptop screen off so I'm not looking at 2 screens. Been that way a long time too.

Mach1ne

Try unplugging your second monitor while the laptop is still powered on. It should display some sort of menu regarding your monitor selection. Say okay and the plug you second monitor back in. Once again it should pop up some sort of menu asking about configuring your two monitors.

If that does not fix it then you have a problem with your video in your laptop or the video driver is messed up.

You may have to search the Internet for a new video driver for your laptop.