• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Another trip to the ER....

AzPete

Wife was getting a treatment for constant headaches while at the drs. yesterday morning. Started having breathing issues that they could not handle. Called me to the back and they called the ambulance. Her breathing was real bad...... Got to the ER (less than a mile) and they started her on a second breathing treatment. Monitored her all afternoon and did numerous tests. Could find no reason outside of the fact that it may have been a reaction to the toradol......since she is allergic to asprin. More to add to her list of medications that she has to avoid.

Anyway, after 7 hours in the ER, we got home last night and relaxed. She is doing much better now other than a sore throat and hurting from laying in uncomfortable positions at the ER. The original treatment for the headaches seemed to work.......if you don't count the ER trip.....

May talk to the pain doctor about who is covering any charges we may see because of this. Don't think I want to get all lawyered up over this but I do feel the doctor made a mistake by not reading her file and seeing she was allergic to the asprin.........such fun.....

Glad to hear she is doing ok. Breathing issues are scary.

Sent from my HTC Liberty using Tapatalk

Thanks. She is up and feeling pretty good today. Still a bit weak but doing much better. Scary for sure.

Wowzers! So glad she's ok!!

I'd be a little peeved at the Dr as well for not reading medical history and checking for allergies. Of course Drs are only human, but still.... not cool. :no

Glad to hear she is doing better Pete. I went through the same type of stuff this last weekend with my Father-in-Law. Had to drive to Cali for two days.

Anyway, just get her well and try to relax. If you talk to the office manager about the charges, you may be surprised at what they are willing to do.

Mel

Good to hear she is feeling better. Have you noticed a trend in the meical field--it seems as they think they are never wrong--I had a doctor say I could have salve put on my hand and go home---I nearly demanded that I be seen at a burn center (where they diagnosed 3rd degree burns and grafted skin over the entie back of my hand)--I had a meeting with the vp of the original hospital yesterday!

In everything you have good and bad.
You can have a good doctor or a bad doctor.
You can't ask too much question at the doctor.This way he feels that you are on the case.
Don't threat him if he is god almighty.

Glad she feeling better .
B.

Pete, glad she us ok. I dont mean to sound all lawyer-y but torodol (ketorolac) is clearly contraindicated in patients with aspirin allergies. It is right there on the package insert. I had a sad case where a lady died of anaphylactic shock after torodol. The dic that prescribed this should gave known better and should pay for the treatment. I am sure the lawyer hating conservatives around here will say that this is a frivolous claim, typical lawyer bs, etc, but you are fortunate she was not more seriously hurt.

Yep.......biggest problem is there has not been a positive statement that is was an allergic reaction. I felt a lot of doctor covering going on last night.....

Even if it doesn't specifically say allergic reaction... if her allergies (medicinal) are in her chart, and it's written what drug(s) were given... I would wager that would be enough proof if they investigated the case.

Back