• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Any 50th Events in Middle of Country?

zim64half

Hello all.

As most of us probably know, there are two big events planned to celebrate the Mustang's 50'th anniversary. One in Charlotte, and one in Las Vegas.

I live in Chicago. Guess what? I am not driving my car to Charlotte (804 miles), or to Vegas (1717 miles).

And I suspect there are many who are thinking that perhaps they too are not willing or able to make such a long drive with their vintage cars.

So - before I get to the next obvious step - I want to ask: Is anyone aware of anything else going on in the middle of the country that has already been organized as an alternate destination for people wanting to meet up and celebrate the anniversary with their cars?

Thanks!

There's an event planned for Mustang, Oklahoma where the Pony Drives meet.

I haven't heard of any Midwest one either. There must be something going on in Detroit maybe.

I was planning on going to Charlotte myself, but now work schedule is screwing me.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Wife and I are planning to go to Charlotte for the 50th but 2014 Hot Rod Power Tour takes precedence so if money is tight, the 50th will get axed... the last two were close to me with the 45th in Birmingham and 40th in Nashville so I can't complain too much.

We are going to do something in Chicago area this summer. It will not interfere with anything already planned, and possibly give some folks a chance to do something with their cars f they live in the midwest too.

More info soon!

-Zim

Zim -
Any of the Chicago crew going to the MCA National in Springfield IL on Memorial Day weekend?

"KBMWRS" said:
Ford must be doing something in Detroit...aren't they?

I think the plan is to hold up a couple of convenience stores and burn down some abandoned houses. Otherwise, not much. What a great venue for a car event, huh?

We took the 69 to Birmingham for the 45th. Everyone thought we had lost our minds driving the old girl across country. The car (and we) held up just fine. 21 days on the road. Coming home to CA it cost me a paintjob in Wyoming getting caught in a downburst driven "crap" storm, and we got caught in a snow storm between Battle Mountain, NV and Reno, but otherwise a great trip. BTW, that song about "Springtime in the Rockies" is propaganda.

"BobV" said:
Zim -
Any of the Chicago crew going to the MCA National in Springfield IL on Memorial Day weekend?

I think several of us will probably caravan down there. Yes.

Back