• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Any So Cal folks here?

RustyRed

We've gone back and forth but we finally decided we are going to San Diego for vacation.

We had originally discussed SD, then the boys decided they wanted to go someplace with snow before they changed their mind and started thinking the beach, Lego Land and catching a Padres game would be cool.

So we booked our vacation yesterday. Not going till the end of June.

Started wondering if there were any members here from that area?

I was born and raised there. The SD Zoo is a must-see; one of the finest zoos in the world. The SD Zoo Wild Animal Park in North County is another great attraction. I'm not all that impressed with Sea World. La Jolla Cove is a great beach area to visit: a protected sanctuary where you can see anemones, star fish, and abalone. If you're into that stuff, the Scripps Aquarium is another great place to visit.

If you're adventuresome, go to east County for the greatest bread made in America at Dudley's Bakery in Santa Ysabel: http://www.dudleysbakery.com/index.html

And be prepared to eat the finest Mexican food north of the Border and it ain't Tex-Mex.

"Midlife" said:
I was born and raised there. The SD Zoo is a must-see; one of the finest zoos in the world. The SD Zoo Wild Animal Park in North County is another great attraction. They have real furry sheep that don't say no,

:shee

Fixed it for ya

I live in So Cal but I am closer to LA. SD is about 2 hours away from me. I don't know how old your kids are but Lego Land is really for young kids. SD Zoo is big zoo and lots of fun.
BTW the Padres suck, go see an Angel game. :roll

Are planning going north anytime while your are here in California? There is always cruise nights and car shows going on.

I live in LA. That's about 3 hours + from San Diego unfortunately.
You could check out the Midway aircraft carrier museum while you are in the area. That is pretty fun.

San Diego is a great place to vacation.

Sea World

USS Midway

Balboa Park (Air and Space museum, model railroad museum, etc, etc)

Coronado Island and Point Loma are fabulous

Padres stadium is also nice...

Lived in SD for a while, and Escondido.... Agree +100 everything mentioned. The Zoo and Wild Animal Park are must see places (I use to work at the Animal Park and Zoo -be jealous!! lol) :thu

oh Fiesta Island. Nice little island where you can build bonfires and sometimes watch the fireworks show from Sea World.

oh and I can't believe you guys didn't mention the most important hidden secret of southern Cali!

Blacks Beach. :part

Black's Beach is not particularly family friendly, unless everyone in the family has already been conditioned by going to a Nudist Camp.

I spent 9 years at UCSD, just atop Black's Beach.

Back