• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Any y'all watch "Roadkill"? (not dead animals in the road...)

tarafied1

the youtube online show by a couple of guys from Hot Rod magazine.
It has really captured the kind of stuff I have done as a gearhead. Not the big dollar sponsored stuff but the hokey adventures with junk cars and billy rigged repairs to get by.
My youngest son has really taken a liking to the show since he has seen me in action.
if you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it.

Sigh...not ANOTHER Youtube series for me to get hooked on!! People at work recently got me hooked on an older series, "Chad Vader (Darth's brother), Day Shift Manager". Add to that my ongoing 3 year addiction to Jeff Ford's "AutoRestoMod", and I spend as much time on Youtube as I do anything else at night!

I think you would like Roadkill. It's much more realistic than reality TV. The main guy is David Freiburger, a Hot Rod editor for years. Check it out John. Now I have to go look up the ones you listed.

I think you would like Roadkill. It's much more realistic than reality TV. The main guy is David Freiburger, a Hot Rod editor for years. Check it out John. Now I have to go look up the ones you listed.
Accomplished! I watched episode 40 as a test. They dropped a 440 into a Duster. Definitely shade tree....and I LIKE IT! Another channel added to my subscription list!

most of the time it's pretty shade tree. They have fun with "junk". Dodge sponsors them now so there was a big budget Hellcat swap that they paid someone to do the conversion but then they beat on it at the track so it was still cool. What I like is most of the episodes are based on the kinds of things "normal" hot rodders do. You see all the problems and screw ups and how they billy rig the fixes. Subaru even gave them a car to abuse but they DID beat the crap out of it!
We travel with these guys on the Hot Rod Power Tour but they did come to Bowling Green with the Hemi powered 55 to run on the drag strip here. My son and I went and watched them film some footage and got to hang out with them a little bit.
I don't usually promote stuff but this internet show is pretty cool and I am addicted. I hate the Gas Monkey show and other TV drama on car shows. This is real gear heads messing around with cars.
If you are into 4x4's I also recommend "Dirt Everyday" it's the same kind of show but for off road guys

Back