• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Anybody else see the AWESOME eclipse? Totality, of course

crustycurmudgeon

I got home from Casper, WY on Tuesday. I went with my sister and my best friend. We flew to Bozeman, MT so we could avoid the big traffic coming from the south, and the traffic coming from both sides on I5. The plan was a success, as we came through Yellowstone on Sunday and encountered only occasional stoppages due to wildlife. We attempted to go to Old Faithful, but that traffic was stopped for miles so we turned around and stuck to the northern half of the park. There was NO heavy traffic south to Casper or north back to Montana after the eclipse. For anyone who thought that a partial eclipse would be "good enough", NO WAY! If you saw anything short of 100% coverage, you didn't see the eclipse! Nothing prepared me for the experience of watching the last little bit of sunlight disappear and the corona snap into view revealing a black hole in the sky. And watching the shadow rapidly approach from the west like an approaching storm, and the rapid darkening of the landscape in the seconds up to totality. It was a moving experience for me, and I can't wait til the next one. Did anyone else see it?

we were right in the path of totality. Sat in the front yard and watched it. It was totally eclipsed about two minutes and forty one seconds. Amazing experience.

Really? Was there any news of it? Didn't hear a thing about it.:rolleyes:

Joann used the old box method.

Only place to be to see it. No, I wasn't there but i should have been! How cool was that?!

We were on our way back from Florida and into SC when it was total. Pulled off side of road for a few minutes to watch it. Very cool. Florida traffic was insane, rest areas closed off and everything. Cool for the kids because we were on our way back from a Disney cruise and the day we left we saw a rocket launch from Canaveral.

Back