• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

anybody install Magnaflow exhaust on a 66 vert?

steveh326

Magnaflow says 'some' modifications required for convertibles... anyone happen to know how extensive the modifications are?

I just had a local exhaust guy make a system for my car. I believe the center plate for the convertible support is the problem. I think you will find a local exhaust guy can do it for about the same money. You could always buy one of their hotrod kits and do it yourself or bring it to a local exhaust shop if you have to have mandrel bent exhaust.

thanks... I bet you are correct about the convertible plate I just wonder whats required to work around it. my local guy wants to make the exhaust for me from scratch, but I really would like stainless and he can't do that. he said he'd work with the magnaflow kit but I'm just trying to get an idea of what needs to be changed, and if I need to get any additional stainless bends for him to use to make it all work. I emailed magnaflow today to ask them the question also and will wait to see what they say and post back here so the info is out there. my other issue is I have the GT valance/tips so it'll need to tie into those, so it'll require a couple extra bends to route it up and thru there too

I'm a few months away from needing this anyway so have some time to figure it all out. THANKS !

Why can't he do stainless? Buy him a 2 lb roll of wire for his mig and let him get to work. The other option I would look into is a different exhaust guy if this guy won't do what you want.

I am lucky and have a guy that will make custom mandrel bent exhaust systems on site. He has all the bending equipment needed and does great work. He will be doing my exhaust for my Volvo project when I get to that point.

Darreld
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I got a full exhaust kit from flowmaster the info said it won't work on convertibles. I emailed them and they said it was because of the center floor plate for convertibles but that I would just need to add a spacer to the plate to lower it a bit for clearance. But I have not installed my exhaust yet so I can't say for sure.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Back