• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Anybody traveling to see the eclipse on August 21?

crustycurmudgeon

Or who is lucky enough to live within the eclipse path? I just made my arrangements. Any lodging still available in the path of totality is very expensive (price gouging is alive and well). I'll be watching in Wyoming, unless weather pushes me east or west.

2 for 1 special -
Come to Kansas to watch it...
The following weekend is the Mustang Club Grand National show in Kansas City.

Hope to see it without traveling. Thought about going to the Smoky Mountain area to see it, but will probably stay home.

the news said the BEST location is near Hopkinsville KY which is about 30 miles West of my house. The town is building it up and expecting a lot of tourists
Good for duration of totality (2 minutes 40 seconds) but not so good with regards to weather prospects. Check the weather forecast a day or two before and be prepared to travel if necessary.

Is this one something special ? Seems like every 6 months or so there's another eclipse of something.

Is this one something special ? Seems like every 6 months or so there's another eclipse of something.
Solar eclipses aren't exactly rare, but the path of totality is narrow and covers a very small part of earth, while a lunar eclipse can be seen over approximately half the planet. The last total solar eclipse visible in the lower 48 was in 1979. Also, the US is the only country that this eclipse touches. Most people in the US are within a day's drive of the eclipse path.

Last edited:
Its gonna fly right over the top o' us in South Carolina . . . I better get busy makin' some eclipse viewing boxes.

Back