• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Anyone from Savannah?

RapidRabbit

Donator
Is there anybody from Savannah GA area on here?

May have a job offer there and I don't know anything about the area.

Read "the book", Midnight in the garden of good and evil, it will tell you all you want know about Savannah. I read the book years ago and then had to visit. Very neat town, crazy muggy in summer but truely beautiful.

Re: Re: Anyone from Savannah?

"monkeystash" said:
Look into Richmond Hill for better schools and newer homes.

That's the area we are looking at actually.

We skipped past savannah on our last trip, now I wish we would have at least driven through it. Never enough time.

"Fast68back" said:
Read "the book", Midnight in the garden of good and evil, it will tell you all you want know about Savannah. I read the book years ago and then had to visit. Very neat town, crazy muggy in summer but truely beautiful.

I will pick up a copy for Jen. By the time I got trough it, it would be to late.

+1 on the Richmond Hill area Pat. I lived in Savannah for four years (stationed there in the military). If not RH, generally, the southern area of Savannah. BTW, they have a GREAT Mustang club there, the Savannah Mustang Club (though some may say it's biased opinion). I helped form it in back in 1989 and was the club's first VP. They are very family oriented and have a fantastic reputation in the Savannah area.

"RapidRabbit" said:
I will pick up a copy for Jen. By the time I got trough it, it would be to late.

There is a movie too. Clint eastwood directed it. The park bench from forrest gump was in Savannah

Never been there, but I hope Savannah is like the "Midnight" book. Excellent read, and I'd love to visit someday.

My wife visited Savannah while training in Glynco, GA. She was blown away by it's beauty. I'd love to see it in person some day.

Bill

Jen keeps lurking on forums and is now freaked out about snakes down there. She is hearing that most people hate northerners that move there. Maybe its just to southern.

Not from there but spent 3 weeks there. Neat place to visit.

Home of the Sand Gnats

I bought a baseball cap once I saw what was stitched on the back of it. 'Bite me'

Yeah I know.
Damn yankees. Right?

Picked up a copy of midnight in the garden of good and evil for Jen to read today. She usually goes through a book a week at least.

This is proving to be a difficult decision.

"RapidRabbit" said:
Jen keeps lurking on forums and is now freaked out about snakes down there. She is hearing that most people hate northerners that move there. Maybe its just to southern.

For me, its not Yankees, its the Yankees with snotty attitudes. The ones that move here, then constantly bitch and moan about the heat, the Southern culture, and the accents. Be respectful and nothing will happen. Act holier than thou, and you best prepare for an attitude adjustment.
And study up on the meanings and delivery of the phrase "Bless your heart".

What Giganto said. Most of my neighbors are not from around here. The damn yankees are the ones that won't shut up about how they did things so much better up North. You know, the place they moved away from as soon as they could. :rant

The rest, they's good folks :thu

Back