• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Anyone had cataracts removed?

Flysure1

I have noticed I seem to have a little more difficulty seeing lately but yesterday while driving I took off my glasses and closed my left eye and it was very blurry looking out of just the right, the left eye seemed normal. It has the classic symptoms of cataracts, film like, hazy, tonight I tried looking at a light with the right only and it is a dim halo like effect, it is best described as the blurry look you sometimes get when first awake, then goes away with rubbing or lots of blinking, only this doesn't go away , even with drops. It is almost not noticeable with my glasses on. My mother and father both had cataract problems....ah --another joy of growing old.. I made a appointment with a optimologist Tuesday (several I called said it would be 3-4 weeks to get in)
p.s.--this is pretty minor compared to Kooters post!!!

i had a cataract eldorado that i had problems with & traded it for a bruick. no wait, that was a cadillac... :shrug

seriously, hope it goes well. i desperately need to get my eyes checked. they have really went downhill in the past few months, but will have to wait until we can get some insurance before doing anything.

"SELLERSRODSHOP" said:
i had a cataract eldorado that i had problems with & traded it for a bruick. no wait, that was a cadillac... :shrug

seriously, hope it goes well. i desperately need to get my eyes checked. they have really went downhill in the past few months, but will have to wait until we can get some insurance before doing anything.

Coincidentally, my wife had a caterac cts but we traded it for a venza.

+1 on hope it goes well.

My mother has had both eyes corrected for cataracts and she's now had the new lenses for about 5 years. she spent the extra $$$ for the higher class lenses and she does not even use reading glasses. She's 76 years young and had better vision than I do!

Update on cataracts--cancelled Tuesday appt. ,now 8:30 tomorrow, the first doctor was not in the wifes insurance --was going to cost near 200 instead of 25---I will post after tomorrow

Back