• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Anyone in Norcal have engine-swapping hardware to loan/rent?

180 Out

I don't know where the regional forums went, so I can only think to post here. I'm needing to do an engine swap on my '65 fb. I have a cherry-picker but I don't have the carb plate or that doo-hickey with the crank on it that lets you change the angle that the engine is hanging at as it comes out. If anyone in Northern California (or anywhere) has these items, may I borrow or rent? I'm shooting for the weekend of February 11-12 or 18-19-20 to get started on this. TIA

I don't have either of those items, I always use the bolt holes in the end of the heads and a lot of foul language :rant

I probably have what you need. I am in Modesto and could loan out my cherry picker with the leveling device. The leveling device has 4 chains that mount to the heads and allows you to easily change the angle as you install the engine.

Thank you kb3. I think I'll buy a carb plate and just remove the engine without the trans. I think it'll work. But thanks again for the offer.

Back