• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Anyone used Vintage Car LEDs headlights?

Mach1 Driver

I found an interesting LED headlight and wonder if anyone has tried these: Vintage Car LEDs. They don't show photometry but do show beam patterns on hi and low at 25' and 2.5' above the ground. I have a 69 with 5.75" lights. They have 3 models of 5.75" and 2 of them have very nice low beam patterns that show very little scatter above the low beam cutoff line. FAQs on their site say this:

Are these headlights DOT approved?

These E-code spec headlights exceed all European and Canadian standards for street use, and are widely considered superior to U.S. spec headlights. Unfortunately the U.S. DOT never adopted the European standard (nor did they set their own), leaving a hole in the regulations. As a result, all H4’s (even E-code ones) must be designated as “for offroad use only” if sold in the U.S. Compliance with local laws is the buyer’s responsibility.

Their down side is cost, but they are the only site that I've seen that shows a beam pattern from the appropriate distance. If you want to read a good article about how to adjust the headlights go to:**How to Adjust Your Headlights - Aim Your Headlights

I've seen that before. I believe Hella makes a set. The main difference I saw when looking at the differences is that the DOT lights throw a bit of light up to illuminate street signs where the E code ones don't.

I am looking for a set of 5.75 lights myself for the MTF Shelby style nose I'm installing.

I thought that scatter above the low beam cutoff was a bad thing- causing "bedazzling" when it reflects off rain and snow.
What is funny is that the housings say DOT on them- so much for markings. One person commented that you couldn't get a DOT approved light with removable bulbs, and this one has both.

Back