• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Anyone watch the Mecum auction over the weekend?

We all know Jeremy was out cruisin, anyone else sit at home and watch TV? I guess the Shelby Daytona didnt sell. Got up around 6 or 7 Mil if I heard right. The ONLY '67 GT500 Convertible sold for 825K and there were two 427 Cobras that went for 1.165 (CSX3034) and 1 million (CSX3020)

Watched the Daytona cross the block and not sell for 6.8 mil! Rick Kopek's old R model went right before it and didn't sell at $500,000.

What amazed me was that every Cup car that went across sold for less then 35K. There's that much in the engine.

I watched some, It seemed some of the prices on Wen/Thur were quite a little more down to earth. There was a BOSS 302 ,Blue with White interior,that went for $68,000.00 (or somewhere in that range) Way out of my league, but better than BJ.

The Daytona Coupe didn't sell because it's worth more than that. The guy turned down a 17mil offer before the auction.

"Starfury" said:
The Daytona Coupe didn't sell because it's worth more than that. The guy turned down a 17mil offer before the auction.

I'll bet he's kicking himself for that one. He'll hold onto it till the next spike in prices.

Back