• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Anzac day 2014

scedd

Today I took my 4 1/2 year old granddaughter Isabella to her first Anzac Day Dawn Service, commemorating the loss of 8500 young Australian & New Zealand lives during the landing and ensuing battle at Gallipoli in Turkey in 1915. We have always taken her to the mid morning march but this year she asked to come to the dawn service at 4.28am. I was surprised that in these days of political correctness, the kids at her daycare are actually being taught about Anzac Day. At the end of the service she even knew the Ode and she told me her teacher had taught it to all the kids -

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them."

Lest we forget.

I give a lot of credit to the teacher for making sure a valuable history lesson is taught. Good for her. Sounds like your a pretty happy dad because of it too.

And now I need to find out all about Anzac Day. Typical for an American, I have never even heard of it prior to today.

"msell66" said:
"Horseplay" said:
And now I need to find out all about Anzac Day. Typical for an American, I have never even heard of it prior to today.

+1
I also had to read the definition of it---I was in school so long ago that we barely had history.

"Flysure1" said:
"msell66" said:
"Horseplay" said:

+1
I also had to read the definition of it---I was in school so long ago that we barely had history.

Yep the days that we were is school is now history.

Back