• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Are all of our Nor Cal guys accounted for?

Explosions/fires?? I guess that I really should get my news from somewhere besides The Daily Show and The Colbert Report!!

GT SCode / Justin lives is Redwood City CA.

Believe it or not, I was on the phone with him while he was on the 280 freeway driving thru San Bruno. He saw the explosion. Amazing. He and is family are OK.

"DEL65" said:

Believe it or not, I was on the phone with him while he was on the 280 freeway driving thru San Bruno. He saw the explosion. Amazing. He and is family are OK.

Crikey. This is terrible. I was in Millbrae 2 weeks ago and used to live in Burlingame. Have friends in San Bruno that we haven't heard back from yet...

"DEL65" said:

Thank you for the correction, and glad to hear he and his family are okay.

"Shaun" said:
Crikey. This is terrible. I was in Millbrae 2 weeks ago and used to live in Burlingame. Have friends in San Bruno that we haven't heard back from yet...

Let us know if you hear from them and need anything.

We were watching the news all night. Terrible.

One channel has a 'expert' retired firefighter who was asked if air drops would be brought in. "No", he said emphatically. "Air drops would only be used if natural things caught fire like the surrounding trees. They will NOT use air drops for houses."
Not one minute later a CDF helicopter was dropping water and then within seconds a plane airtanker was dropping red fire retardent. And many more followed all during the evening. The planes get grounded at nightfall but the helis can keep going in the dark.
Those guys were dropping while hovering over a single house at very low levels. They are great.

So much for the expert.

I'm sure the number of fatalities will increase.

Now I'm worried for MrGEM in Colorado. That fire is still engulfing houses and forest.

Back