1. Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Are you kid’n me?

Discussion in 'Politics, Guns, and a can of Whoop Ass!' started by msell66, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Midlife

Midlife Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

Oh yes...the Onion...believe it, because if they print it, it must be true!

msell66 likes this.
  2. Boom

Boom Active Member

Right up there with the Duffle Blog on most accurate news sources.

3. Horseplay

Horseplay I Don't Care. Do you?

WTF did I just read. Thanks Mark. Humans sure are getting more stupid by the minute.

And I think the border patrol should be equipped with catapults to send captives home. Be a whole lot simpler and save us taxpayers a ton of cash. On a serious note (I was actually serious before too) I am praying all this DACA crap and the resulting discussions/deals addresses the very real issue of birthright citizenship. Squirting a kid out on our soil SHOULD NOT grant automatic citizenship to children of non-citizens. Period.

4. msell66

msell66 Burning Fossil Fuels Donator

Yer welcome. Nice to get the ole blood boiling eh!

5. msell66

The real question here is who can bench press 500lbs?

6. Mach1Mark

Mach1Mark Ramrod extraordinaire Donator

Actually, the Supremes have already ruled on this issue long ago and there is NO Constitutional right to citizenship conferred to a child born here to non-citizen parents. Its a construct of activist judges and Leftist elected officials.

msell66 likes this.
  7. Horseplay

Well the Repubs need to show some balls and make the rule of law applicable. Plain and simple. As far as DACA goes, I have no problem letting the "kids" stay provided they can prove they have been here since "X". Their parents on the other hand have to go if they elect for the youngster to remain. The parents are here illegally and have no right to remain. Further, they should not be allowed reentry for anything more than a visit per normal visa rules. No more of the severely abused family type immigration rights. We aren't breaking up the families...the families are given the decision to break themselves up. There needs to be a price paid for breaking the law. Sorry. NO ONE has a right to be in the States beyond natural born citizens. That's no different than ANY OTHER COUNTRY in the world. For the life of me I cannot understand why liberals can't see this. Trump is a complete dumbass but he's right on this one. Legal immigration needs to be largely limited to persons who come here ready to contribute not take. Send the money we would waste on them here to their countries to fix the problems there if we have to. The inn is full.

I've seen countless protests made up largely of Millenials and such standing in favor of illegals. These are the same youngsters who complain about a shortage of low skill, "livable wage" jobs, etc. Hey dummies...get a clue. College education sure doesn't help them with common sense, does it. Not only have these invaders reshaped the map of the working class job market, they compete (and win) in the claiming of available taxpayer funded services and programs which might have been used to help our own starting out. I wonder how schools could use all those dollars wasted on second language first education, for example. Or maybe a teacher could have done more for Johnny if he was one of 20 instead or 30 kids in her class. People need to wake the fuck up and pull their heads out of the fog they live in. Those poor people just trying to make a better life for their kids (which they popped out here to lay anchor) are attempting to do so at the expense of our own. And they are succeeding while our own get left behind.

"Racist" old white guy rant over. Have at me.

8. turq66

turq66 Well-Known Member

Amen!

9. Horseplay

Come on. You know you want to. No way you are in complete agreement (likely any) with me so no hiding with such a simple sarcastic comment. How about a debate on the matter? Tell me where anything I wrote is wrong. Bored at work today and its been so long since we wasted our efforts on a spirited debate.

10. msell66

Gary, Gary, Gary!

11. turq66

turq66 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the invite, Terry! You are correct. I agree with very little in that post. You just seem so bitter, angry, vengeful and almost sadistic in your solutions. If the kids elect to stay in their home, their parents have to be deported? Making families decide to break up? How bout we just cut the kids in half and let half of them stay here and send the other half back to some poverty stricken hellhole that their parents risked live and limb to escape? That'll teach 'em! Geez man, get a grip. Get out of that fog.

12. Horseplay

I honestly didn't know where you would fall in the DACA/illegal immigration stuff, Gary. Maybe we've been down this road before but I have forgotten.

I'm not bitter. Or vengeful. And I'm certainly not in agreement that anything I typed is sadistic. I am VERY angry though. Angry that some sizable percentage of Americans have no issue with ignoring our laws and even blatantly opposing them, in the case of certain cities and now our most populous state. That a mayor or governor would stand at a mic and publicly defy federal law is mind blowing. I can only hope they are held personally responsible for any unlawful acts that occur due to their illegal actions.

You wrote something interesting to me in the bit about cutting kids in half. You say "if the kids elect to stay in their home". Their "home" that they came by illegally. They have no legitimate claim to be here. None. They crossed our border illegally and have been living here against the law. It doesn't matter if they were carried here as infants or walked holding their mommies hand. They are not here legally. They are criminals by the very definition of the word. How can anyone say differently? It doesn't get any more black and white. They hold zero rights of citizenship. ZERO. I challenge you to cross over into Canada illegally and then try to claim such rights. Or any other country in the world. See what it gets you. Hint...notta other than the boot out the door.

Now compassion for one's situation is another matter. If these kids (now many adult) have played by the rules and not broken any more of our laws and have tried to do right by themselves and their new communities, then fine, let's find a fair solution to help them remain as productive citizens. Them. Not their whole family. Not the parents who came here illegally as adults. We need to figure out something different in their cases. Granting amnesty and some form of citizenship is paramount to rewarding breaking the law. That cannot be argued either. Pretty damn basic and clear. Aside from that and even more important is the visual and precedent it would set. Others would see the reward and try to take the same illegal path. Can't be having that hand played out AGAIN.

So liberals need to stop with the DACA shit and do as other wiser voices are asking and put everything up on the table at once. Deal with the so called Dreamers, their illegal parent's, and immigration as a whole. Without it all at once, the mess just gets worse.

So Gary, what in all I wrote would you dispute? I have yet to hear a single person on the Dreamer side (supporter of illegal immigrants) of the issue answer to the simple fact that these people are here illegally, are not U.S citizens and therefore have no legal claim to residency. Aside from the iron clad legal defense of "they didn't ask to be brought here...have been here a long time...don't know another country as their home... please tell me how they are anything other than illegals/criminals and shouldn't be handled accordingly. Do that and then we can talk about a compassionate solution.

13. turq66

turq66 Well-Known Member

Yes, laws were broken. Broken by the gov that looked the other way when these people crossed the border and by people that hire them. If you want to solve the problem, go after those people with the same veracity and contempt you show for the refugees. Those are the real criminals. These are the people that created this mess and should be made to pay. And pay dearly. I'm talking serious jail time. Of course, that will never happen because those people have money. It's much easier to persecute and denigrate the poor. The immigrants did not create the system, they're just trying to survive in it.

14. 3175375

3175375 Well-Known Member

An enabler of the illegal immigration problem is that US Citizens are frickin' lazy and cheap. People hire illegals to trim trees, cut their grass and do other things, because they pay cash to the illegals vice hiring a service industry that has to pay a number of taxes and filings to run a valid business.
    I personally experienced this as a couple who are friends of ours had recommended a house cleaner to clean our home. When I approached the person with an I-9 form that I would file with the IRS (included social security # or taxpayer ID and other information), the person stated that they could not fill this out as they were here illegally. I told them then you cannot work here. Goodbye.
    The social attitude of many Americans is that it is no big deal, but it has become one, much to the US Citizen's fault.
    No easy solution, but just bending over and letting them all come into the Country is sickening to me.
    My Father in law immigrated here LEGALLY and is sick to his stomach these DREAMERS are getting a hall pass. Poppycock!

15. Horseplay

You won't find a greater proponent of E-Verify than me. Fine the living shit out of companies and even the persons responsible for knowingly hiring illegals. Hell, I'd pay a special surtax on every purchase at HomeDepot if it meant getting illegals out of the construction trades. I'm with you all the way except for the bit about the poor and the use of the term immigrant. They are illegal immigrants. You can't selectively decide to not use that first word. And survive in it? They don't have a legitimate reason to be in it at all.

But as I wrote in a plain question earlier and you and every other person speaking in defense of the illegals never responds directly to I will ask again. How can you defend the illegals "right" to remain here, Dreamers or otherwise, when it is a FACT that they have broken the law and are in our country illegally? Saying they are poor, desperate, persecuted...whatever is not a legal defense that any court would recognize. There are means to escape all of these types of situations via legal immigration. We are up to our eyeballs with Haitians, Somolians, etc. brought here by the plane load due to natural disaster or some ethnic persecution of sorts on a short term basis that will never leave. No where is it written someone can break the law and it should be rewarded with the ultimate prize of U.S. residency. So please be the very first and only pro-illegal immigrant defender to actually respond to that simple direct question. Seriously please. Go for it.

16. Midlife

Midlife Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

Well, if you want to talk about law-breakers, I'm sure everyone here on the forum has exceeded the posted speed limit on numerous occasions. Shoot the bastards who speed!

There are laws, and then there is justice: two different things, but often confused.

17. Boom

Boom Active Member

You're right that Law and Justice don't always go hand in hand.

But how is it justice to allow people here illegally to just stay here and be granted free residency? Trump has been talking about cleaning the immigration situation up for the last 2 years, that seems like plenty of time for the people here illegally to either find a new country to squat in or work on applying to become a legal resident here.

18. 3175375

3175375 Well-Known Member

Yes both examples broke the law. However, the speeder, who is a citizen pays taxes, social security (if still working), files income taxes, etc. the illegal immigrants pay nothing, yet get free education, etc.