1. Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Are you kid’n me?

Discussion in 'Politics, Guns, and a can of Whoop Ass!' started by msell66, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Horseplay

Horseplay Well-Known Member

For fucks sake. The CATO Institute of liberal leaning fact twisters? How about something from the actual entity that holds these prisoners.

https://www.bop.gov/about/statistics/statistics_inmate_citizenship.jsp

I've done a bunch of digging in the last 20 minutes across a broad swath of providers trying to discern fact from spin. The general synopsis is that a good chunk of the detained number are incarcerated for immigration violations but almost as many for actual property or violent crimes. Statistically, illegals commit violent crime at a higher rate per capita than others and it is thought that stems from their pool base being more largely slanted to being younger males, a known higher crime group. Bottom line is every source checked confirms a number in the 5-6% range of the total incarcerated being illegals incarcerated for some type of crime. It is estimated that the total illegal population is about 3% of our nations total population (12 mil).

2. Horseplay

Hate to break it to you but so far you have not got even an edge on a single point of this "debate". I keep filtering stuff down to very specific points for you and you simply turn away or shoot air balls. Case in point the CATO link. Posting a link to partisan based propaganda that has little to no factual data and thinking that is a "win" is laughable. I'll give you one more shot before calling this one done for me. I wanted some good intellectual debate being stuck in the office and being bored. Maybe I should have known better.

Mach1Mark likes this.
  3. Mach1 Driver

Mach1 Driver Active Member

Gary, of course its true. Why else does the left fight the wall? Why do they want uncontrolled chain immigration and a lottery system that isn't based on merit? Please enlighten me, but refrain from name calling please.

4. Mach1Mark

Mach1Mark Ramrod extraordinaire Donator

5. turq66

turq66 Well-Known Member

Looks like you misspelled libertarian.
    The Cato Institute is an American libertarian think tank headquartered in Washington, D.C. It was founded as the Charles Koch Foundation in 1974 by Ed Crane, Murray Rothbard, and Charles Koch, chairman of the board and chief executive officer of the conglomerate Koch Industries.
    Yeah, those Koch Bros. became famous for their extreme liberalism. Just because they are not a wholly owned subsidiary of the GOP does not make the Cato Inst. liberal. I could not find anything, anywhere about anybody claiming that they are liberal leaning. They are known for being down the middle. Their numbers speak for themselves. Sorry if it doesn't fit your narrative.

Show your work. Are we just supposed to take your word for it? Rely on your expert extremely right wing analysis as Gospel? You've not done very well on the honesty department so far.

You said you wanted debate, but I mistakenly thought you wanted honest debate. Correction: I knew better. That is why I was hesitant to engage. My eternal optimism got the best of me. All you have done is scoff at everything presented, dismiss anything that does not come from extreme alt-right source as unreliable, repeatedly show your insecurity by having to constantly profess your superiority (who are you trying to convince? Yourself?) and generally just being the ass that you are. That is not my opinion of debate, so carry on and have a nice day.

6. Horseplay

Show my work? I posted a link (just as you did) except mine came from the ultimate source on U.S. prison data...wait for it...The U.S. Federal Bureau of Prisons. Do I need to walk you through the data? They have charts and everything. By simply comparing the data on the various tabs it shows that there are a lot of bad illegal immigrants from Central American countries and Mexico in our prisons for crimes other than simply immigration violations. Which is what I wrote about earlier. I could have posted links from a dozen other websites that all use THIS DATA to formulate their own perspectives. Like you did. But I didn't.

I've not done well on my honesty? What pray tell does that mean? You can't call someone a liar and not provide evidence of such.

I'm sorry that you feel the way you do. I can't find anywhere in this whole thread where I made a single post about being superior to you. Didn't need to. In a debate (oral or written) those listening or reading can draw their own opinion. That's kinda the WHOLE point. One party makes a point or case and the other counters it. I didn't "dismiss" or "scoff" at any of your points but rather showed them to be wrong, flawed or irrelevant. In the case of your only source I disputed, I countered with the actual source data that would have been used by them which clearly showed a different picture. That's how debate works. Go back and reread it all yourself.

And thanks for the new moniker. Geez...real mature.:p

Mach1Mark likes this.
  7. turq66

turq66 Well-Known Member