• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

As my mustang nears the finishline think I may have found the next project

Last Fall my wife told me to build a no-sided, roof only 'hay barn', specifically for storing my project cars. I really need to get on that.

Sadly the 42x60 pole barn in the background is dedicated for a different type of horse power...

Currently in process...
1971 Airstream Sovereign that is undergoing full rebuild/remodel
IMG_4690_zpsxhfvobce.jpg

And to pull it..

1975 F250 Crew Cab 400/c4 4wd undergoing full rebuild
In this picture, I've already swapped in 2009 F250 rear leaf springs and upgraded the rear fuel tank from 19g to 38g
I've got the 2004 F250 X-code front leaf springs that I haven't swapped in yet, and a few body panels that need to be installed.
Eventually it will get a motor/transmission swap and upgrade the interior to 1999+ superduty leather.

It is being built to replace/complement the 2005 F250 6.0 PSD.
IMG_1085_zpswhhw1dnu.jpg

And then there is this little guy..
1963.5 Falcon Convertible (originally 260/4speed)
Its been in the family and in storage since 1984 (at least)
It runs and it is drive able... but it isn't able to stop on its own.
IMG_1646_zpsrbqzogiu.jpg

I sold that brown thing in the background.
I live on 11 acres in the country about 15 miles outside Fargo, no pesky neighbors, no HOA, no zoning laws
This is still only scratching the surface of the projects that either I accumulated for myself, or my Dad has given me over the years

Lucky for me, I'm not a perfectionist like some of y'all, otherwise I'd never drive my cars..

A 7.3l isn't going to happen.
If I were to diesel. It would be another 6.0PSD, or a Cummins.

However I'm really planning on swapping in a turbo 300 backed by an E4OD or a zf5 speed. Big I find the right transmission I could run it as a 4bbl/headers with parts I have at home already.

I have zero 7.3l parts or experience, I am very familiar with my 6.0. I have a brother with a long live affair with his 7.3's. His latest truck is a 2006 f450 6.0. Said it runs and pulls great.

I'm in no huge rush. The 400 will run just fine after I get done installing the Edelbrock 600 (1406)
Edelbrock S.P.2.P. Intake
Hooker Headers
I picked all this stuff up over the last 6 months for under $150 total.
And I still need to buy a Melling cam/lifters. ($150 by itself)

In my experience.
Speed kills a budget fast.

If you need it fast, it seems like the price doubles.

Back