• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Award Winner!

RagTop

Old Grumpy
I attended a cruise-in a week ago Wednesday. I had hit a deer returning home from the same event the week prior. My left outer headlight was gone, the outer fender extension was pushed back slightly into the left front fender, which was crumpled just behind the extension and was further bulged and slightly creased over the wheel well. On close inspection the back of the fender was pushed back under the stainless windshield trim instead of being flush. I brought the car out just to hang with my Mustang pals. As the cruise-in was beginning to break up I fired up the Stang and headed for the exit, which was next to the organizer/announcer's table. He asked me to stay and park my car next to the exit. He also commented on my missing headlight because it was now dark enough to have my headlights on. Turns out that they were presenting me an award sponsored by a local auto tech company. I've got the plaque here, but I'm still not exactly sure what the award was for. It says something about the "70th Anniversary-Folsom Incorporation, April 1946-2016". What could the possible criteria be that had them select my one eyed wounded warrior? I suspect that it was a left over from a previous show and the guys that run the cruise-in decided it was my turn. Trophies are a joke.

Bruno, you've got to be a little more tactful in your comments. Maybe it's a language thing, huh? The photos of the headlight are before we removed it (the light and bucket were hanging from the harness plug), you have to look closely at the fourth picture to see the crease that runs from the front of the wheel well up through the sculpture line and into the fender above, and the last shot is where the headlight extension crunched the front edge of the fender. Can you hear me now?

Attachments

• IMG_0630.JPG
    IMG_0630.JPG
    298.5 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0631.JPG
    IMG_0631.JPG
    347.3 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0632.JPG
    IMG_0632.JPG
    267.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0635.JPG
    IMG_0635.JPG
    202.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0636.JPG
    IMG_0636.JPG
    236.8 KB · Views: 24
You sure that deer wasn't a squirrel? As damage goes that hardly looks like what a typical deer collision would deliver. You got very lucky!

Bummer, the damage doesn't look too awful but fixing can be nearly as much as if it were. A few years ago I was leaving a car show where they parked us in the grass. My right front tire sank in a rut and the car was already low. The lower valence caught the ground and bent my fender and cracked the upper and lower nose. From a distance it wasn't real obvious but it need a lot of repair to get right again. Good Luck with it, hope you can get it fixed.

Well, my second post had pictures of the car's damage, but I forgot to send you a photo of the "trophy". An award of excellence I assume.100_3026.JPG

She was definitely not a squirrel. I think that she was so tall that all I caught was her left hip in the headlight extension. She survived and the Mustang will be coming home today or tomorrow with a total cost of $2,710.

Back