• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Awwww....shit.

AtlantaSteve

So I've been replacing floorpans in my stang since goddamn February. Mostly it's sat, but I'm finally at a place where I'm getting in a few hours every weekend. So the interior is done..primed, seam sealed, etc. This morning I went out, wire wheeled the black paint off the new pans, cut the under coating back, ground my shitty, hairy welds down a bit...primed and started sealing the seams from the outside...

So I'm laying bead, feathering it out, on my back looking straight up. I decide to skooch back a bit, and feel my head hit something squishy.

Yeah...a fucking blob of seam sealer that fell off the car got squished right into my goddamn hair.

So I called my wife down, and she got the distinct pleasure of combing that shit out. That felt real good...

So yeah, I'm taking a damn break :p just gotta finish off the driver's side and I'll be ready to spray undercoating on the outside, and then start putting the interior back in. That'll be nice!

"Snuffleluffagus" said:
That shit gets everywhere every time I use it. I Another reason why I shave my head.

How many fucking personalities do you have man??? Do we need to check you into a psych ward?

"AtlantaSteve" said:
So I've been replacing floorpans in my stang since goddamn February. Mostly it's sat, but I'm finally at a place where I'm getting in a few hours every weekend. So the interior is done..primed, seam sealed, etc. This morning I went out, wire wheeled the black paint off the new pans, cut the under coating back, ground my shitty, hairy welds down a bit...primed and started sealing the seams from the outside...

So I'm laying bead, feathering it out, on my back looking straight up. I decide to skooch back a bit, and feel my head hit something squishy.

Yeah...a fucking blob of seam sealer that fell off the car got squished right into my goddamn hair.

So I called my wife down, and she got the distinct pleasure of combing that shit out. That felt real good...

So yeah, I'm taking a damn break :p just gotta finish off the driver's side and I'll be ready to spray undercoating on the outside, and then start putting the interior back in. That'll be nice!

Why do I have this mental image of you sitting in a chair typing that post with your wife standing behind you combing your hair.....how :gobp

"silverblueBP" said:
How many fucking personalities do you have man??? Do we need to check you into a psych ward?

This new name is the work of the Omnipresent Sluggo. Told him about a database error when using items in the shop, and this is the thanks I get. Fuckitall, I'll keep it.

PS..it's spelled Snuffleupagus

"Snuffleluffagus" said:
This new name is the work of the Omnipresent Sluggo. Told him about a database error when using items in the shop, and this is the thanks I get. Fuckitall, I'll keep it.

Now thats some funny chit! :dumas :rofl :rofl

"Snuffleluffagus" said:

And, yer point is..............oh, shit, that's right we gots grammar police here. No rules, but we gotta be grammatically correct :rofl

I's fixx it rite nows!

Well, I got the floorpans all setup except for putting some undercoating on them...I'll get to that this week sometime.

But in other news, while I was out there I started poking around at body panels...When I was a teenager I thought I was driving around in an old mustang with a little bondo on it. Now I realize I was driving around in some bondo with a little old mustang in it. *sigh* more work and more money to spend! oh well that's half the fun.

Steve

The seam sealer never bothered me as much as the undercoat. That stuff is a bitch to get off you.

I replaced my floor pans last November and then started scrapping crap off the rest of the underside of the vehicle and re-undercoating it. I really was checking for any more rust but also managed to make the rest of the underside look nice.

When doing the undercoat, I've taken to wearing gloves and long sleeves, saves a ton of time in not having to spend half an hour scrubbing that crap off of me.

I wear gloves working on cars all the time now. Was buying a case of blue nitrile. Found some new ones though, called black mamba. Those things are awesome. Much heavier then typical blue nitrile and actually hold up pretty well with chemicals like lacquer thinner.

Saves a lot of time on cleanup!

Back