• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Back for re-restoration;)

Stop that, Dne'. I'm getting a big head.
I keep records of every transaction because of the warranty I provide.

I know Randy, but you're a great guy and deserve a pat on the back now and then! As grown-ups, we don't get pats on the back like when we were kids. You know, parents always saying well done, or not! lol That's kind of why we are all here, to pat each other on the backs!! ;)

OK, guess this is about then end of things on the stang for this year:( maybe I can squeak something little in) I did get the evaporator case installed, just the case, no hoses, but was nice to get that thing off my workbench! I checked it out after new servo's,actuators, etc. A local fella at a small independent shop is going to put new axle bearings on~next year or a tad sooner. hmmm,

dne' ;)

Now that Randy got my entire wiring harness back in record time, guess I'm going to have to at least install most of the wiring(next week that is). A great start to the new year!
Thank you Randy!;)

Buried in the box is a "dash cam" to ensure you install things on time...tee hee!

Always something to build and change. Good to see your back at it. So miss my 67

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you Jeff! Monday rolls around and the holidays are past, I can really get back into it~I hope!;)

MKflow sent me one of his "pre-owned" instrument clusters, I just paid shipping to get it here. Mike is a really neat guy and I'm so happy to have had opportunity to talk with him! Thank you Mike!
dne' ;)

I like the looks of the '68 vs the 67 cluster/bezel and going to put effort in to making it work. I'll get a new bezel of course.

My old cluster is now apart on a table in the garage.

Other stuff going on: rear brakes installed, new axle bearings, (waiting on the 3:55 dif), overhauled the front calipers, a bunch of parts have arrived. I'm waiting on the newly designed McCleod hydraulic clutch mc/slave. I guess if I could be left alone I could get something done! lol Still stuff going on here, working through flood related crap, and working on my moms home.

AC comp installed, radiator(need to blast the radiator holder), I'm sure there's something I'm missing to say/write. I'm going to take a chance on the distributor, but did get a new blaster coil, new starter solenoid of course, I'll be back;)

dne
You will notice the 68 has the oil pressure where the 67 has the gas and the big gauge on the 68 has gas and amps while the 67 has oil pressure and amps in the big gauge. I have a 67 also and I took the 68 oil pressure gauge and put it where my clock (or in most cases the empty spot in the middle) and I got a 67 Cougar Tach and put it where the double gauges where. I had to modify the housing, but anyway, it looks factory and I only gave up the amp gauge to have the tach in there. (I also had Gary the Tachman change it from 6K to 8K and John gave me the 140mph speedo in my WE gift one year). Just some ideas if you are playing around with the clusters... I also painted the part on the bezel white since I had the white gauge faces. I thought it looked better than black. Anyway, have fun with it!IMG_3054.jpg

I remember when you did that a long time ago! I'd love a tach and not the little aftermarket tach like I had. However, this is something I can do much later. Crossed my mind to put an old vintage tach on the column between the larger gauges, but that's just pondering;)
dne' ;)

Gee, I wrote a lengthy post and previewed it and it all went away! argh! let's try again;)

Well, first Thank you all for tagging along and making nice comments and advice;)
What I've done: Front and rear brakes, axle bearings, radiator/condensor/compressor, elec radiator fans, starter solenoid, electronic voltage regulator, (all dash switches on the workbench), Waiting on new sequential turn signal lamps.
Also waiting on 3:55 third member~ should be here soon then I can wrap up the differential! oh, should be able to install headliner, windshield/rear glass maybe next week. I have a new gas tank/sender on the way. The gas was just too rusty looking and gas tanks are relatively cheap. It's an "easy" replacement.
I'll be upgrading the clutch pedal with bearings instead of plastic bushings(need to do that).
Hydraulic clutch is still pending on the maker. I really could install that now.

This is what the new clutch master cylinder would look like. This is a google pic and from an early GM. The problem on the early mustangs is the brake power booster takes up a lot of space. I have been working with a fabricator for Mcleoud hydraulic and he asked me to supply him some information to get this setup going for the 67 stang. Said they'd give me a break on price. I asked why don't you just do it yourself; if that's what you guys do?

Anyway, I supplied him with measurments from my firewall~ I hope it helps him!

dne' ;)

I remember looking at that set-up when I was contemplating which way I was going to go. It's clean and simple which usually translates to effective and problem free. Just have to get the angles and travel distances correct. Also need to be sure firewall is sturdy. Stock has a fair amount of flex in it which could prove an issue if rod alignment is off too much. Good they are asking for actual dimensional info from you in engineering it. Hope it goes better than their plans for a brand newly designed transmission. I REALLY liked that one too.

Took the TR/mx out for a test drive~ it is so fun to drive! Unfortunately, Gary has developed some pretty bad hips from arthritis and has a time getting into the little car. Between me(a physical therapist assistant), massage therapist down the road, the chiropractor, it's slow progress. I'd hate to see him have to go through a THR(total hip), but he's not is horrible pain, so there is time to just do what we're doing.
dne' ;)

not a recent pic but my favorite!

I always liked my 67 cluster even with an aftermarket tach in the center. It was kind of hard to see...Oddly enough i still have that cluster laying around the garage. lol

eeek, it would be awful to be in pain just to get into a car. I had a Scion FRS for awhile and being 6ft i just got tired of getting in it. Hit my head half the time on the roof getting in. I remember after my ACL surgery how difficult it was to drive my 78 pickup because the pedal wasnt adjusted properly and was hard. Its the small things sometimes that matter, good thing its not a lot of pain cause that could really ruin things. Hope it at least doesn't get worse.

Keep up the good work

Moving along at a snails speed~ let's see, I got my headliner hanging by the headliner rods, but have yet to start 'gluing' it in. oh, installed my new gas tank with a new sender of course. Not sure that I want to go back with the standard fill through the back of the car as it always is terribly slow and makes a mess with gas. It would be so much easier just to fill the gas tank by popping the trunk and filling it up at the tank~ having to think about this. oh, I did also re-install my new sequential turn signals!

you know it's the little petty things which need to add up to make great progress;)

I did knock out the clutch bearing installation.

Also finished cutting and crimping the new AC lines;)

I worked on cleaning, organizing the shop~ still a mess, but looking better! But for goodness sakes, don't look at my workbench! lol

Nice work Dne'! Moving along at a really good pace honestly. The roller bearing pedal makes a really nice difference and you know it will stay that way too.

Give some thought to modifying the gas tnak filler neck to incorporate a modern "flapper" that makes filling up a lot better. Can make it as smooth as a new car with little to no "burps", shut-offs, etc. You don't want to be opening the trunk to fill up. Can get messy, Pretty sure my build thread has pics of what I did. Key is to place place the insert at the right depth to hold the pump but high enough to keep it from burping.

Thank you Terry; makes me feel better that at least to someone other than myself that I'm making progress!

I'll have to look at your build on the flapper thing. Do you get a flapper from a doaner? This is down the road, but like to keep it in mind.
dne' ;)

Thank you Terry! I ordered that part so let's see what happens! I'll post it on your stop-fuel-spills thread too! ;)

Back